Director of Land Development
- Lennar Corporation
- Tampa, Florida
- Salary plus bonus
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Construction Engineering
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
Director of Land Development
Job ID: 2022-26243
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
ROT - TPU
Summary of Position Requirements
Oversees the field operations and field personnel of the land development department. Creates opportunities that fit company’s land development strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding. To cause the bidding, creation, and administration of various contractor/consulting/municipal contracts which provide for, and relate to, the approval and development of residential properties. Must have the ability to develop schedules, budgets and deliver within requirements. Knowledge of land use approvals and permits from local to state level. Director of Land Development should have extensive local contacts and relationships in the civil/infrastructure industry in local market.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This position must ensure timely and accurate design and installation of all land development improvements including but not limited to grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving and sidewalks, hardscapes and landscape and landscape improvements to include but be limited to entrance and amenity features. Timing must coincide with homebuilding operation.
- Ensures that contractual and other commitments are kept with contractors/consultants and trade partners and that they comply with Scope of Work, all approved policies, procedures, ethical standards, applicable laws and regulations
- Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of purchase and sale agreements.
- Responsible for all projects from permit approvals through construction and final certification and community turnover.
- Development/Entitlement Budgeting.
- Responsible for NPDES and SWPPP management and compliance on developments and third party homesite deals.
- Provides leadership to managers to ensure coordination of project(s) between field and administration
- Evaluate and monitor performance of Land Development Managers
- Establish relationships with developers, contractors, consultants and approving governing authorities
- Responsible for value engineering during the design process to reduce improvement costs without sacrificing quality
- Assist as needed with Entitlement to ensure accurate timing of Plats
- Work with construction to ensure lots are delivered correctly to specifications. Lots delivered to construction should be as they are the client of the development department.
- Responsible for Bond maintenance.
- Negotiate utility extension agreements
- Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region
- Cash flow generation and maintenance
- Interact with Sr. Management
- HOA management experience a plus but not required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Land development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Land development management role
- Intermediate to advanced skills in computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict
- Ability to build and motivate highly effective teams
- Ability to effectively solve problems while maintaining positive team relations
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Valid auto insurance coverage required
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, government officials, business partners, consultants and homeowners.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk, move and/or carry equipment in excess of 20 pounds. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and calculator. Able to work in excess of eight hours per day in the field and office environment.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/d1j7yXfOk1ZlgH4PdI1dzK
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert