- El Paso, Illinois
- Based on experience along with a great ROA bonus, restricted stock units, profit-sharing, and more!
- Closing date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Division / Department Head
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Producer / Manufacturer
Basic Job Functions:
- Lead, and assist in achieving the company profit goals and common division operating goals as set forth by the General Manager and the ABC IL Management Team.
- Provide planning, direction, and mentoring in the day-to-day operations and reinforcement of the department vision.
- Assist in company sales and profit by leading the strategic and operational efforts of the Engineering Department.
- Develop and implement an effective plan for increasing the leadership bench strength of the NBG Engineering group.
- Work with the Division Leadership team to strategically position the division.
- Work with all departments as an integral part of the ABC IL Division.
- Manage and evaluate business risk on complex and/or unique projects that may not fit the division areas of focus or expertise.
- Work with all peer managers to continually improve and elevate our individual, department, division, and group performance.
- Best-mark with other Nucor divisions to continually improve operating results, competitiveness, and customer preference.
- Manage and evaluate the business risk on complex and/or unique projects that may not fit the division areas of focus or expertise.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Professional Engineering registrations (PE License).
- Experience with and a working knowledge of various building codes and steel design specifications (i.e.: IBC, AISC, IAS and AISI).
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience leading a team of people.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert