Junior Engineer (Civil)
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Oakland, California
- $106,500 - $129,456 Annually
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Infrastructure
- Position Type
- Engineer, Junior Engineer
- Organization Type
Start your career as a Junior Engineer (Civil) with an industry-leading water and wastewater utility. East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers state-of-the-art engineering and challenging assignments in a wide range of engineering specialties:
• Civil / Structural Design
• Construction Management
• Pipeline Design
• Raw Water Supply and Reservoir Operations
• Wastewater - Environmental Engineering, Process Engineering, Planning, and Design
• Water Distribution Planning
• Water Recycling
• Water Resources
• Water Treatment Support & Water Quality Study – Process Engineering
EBMUD also offers excellent preparation for professional registration and stable career opportunities. A Junior Engineer (Civil) is the entry level on the EBMUD professional civil engineering career ladder. All assignments are under the direct supervision of registered engineers and provide qualifying experience for professional registration. Junior Engineers in most departments will participate in a cross-training rotational program to broaden their skills and knowledge of EBMUD’s engineering functions and operational needs outside of their regularly assigned work unit.
With successful performance, incumbents normally advance to Assistant Engineer (Civil) ($123,480 - $150,096) shortly after two years with no working experience and shortly after one year with previous working experience and/or an advanced degree (e.g., masters). With further experience and registration, incumbents will qualify to compete for promotions to an Associate Civil Engineer ($136,344 - $165,732).
You are prepared to:
• Apply engineering knowledge to develop, calculate and test mathematical models for civil engineering applications, including hydraulic analysis, water distribution network analysis, forecasting water supply, scheduling reservoir operations, water quality analysis, water and wastewater process treatment, construction, structural, geotechnical/site grading, and other applications.
• Plan and manage assignments: identify objectives, scope, feasibility, milestones and completion schedules; prepare supporting documentation; and monitor and coordinate project activities to meet time and cost parameters.
• Use computer software tools to model engineering problems, to prepare spreadsheet based economic analyses, and for a variety of other engineering and office applications.
The salary range is for Junior Engineer is $8,875 per month increasing to $9,319, $9,785, $10,274, and $10,788 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering curriculum, OR a California Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate. (Expected graduation must be prior to June 30, 2023. Degrees may be verified at a later step in the process.)
2. Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
3. No experience is required.
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons, as determined by EBMUD, will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 3, 2023. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0735
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert