Civil Team Lead/Project Manager
- Gessner Engineering
- Bryan, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, & Georgetown, Texas (US)
- Salary commensurate with experience, Full Benefits, PTO, Flexible Schedule, Growth Opportunities
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Construction Engineering, Surveying & Geomatics, Utility Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Manager / Leader
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
As a Civil Team Lead with Gessner Engineering, you will oversee engineering design and manage clients and a team of engineers on a variety of projects in the residential, commercial, higher education, and public infrastructure sectors.
- Coordinating project needs internally and externally
- Time and Budget/Resource Management
- Perform/oversee and guide team in the design and analysis for a variety of projects including residential, commercial, higher education, and public infrastructure.
- Prepare/oversee production of construction documents, specifications, cost estimates, and other engineering documents and reports.
- Perform site visits to collect forensics and as-built data and conduct construction administration duties.
- Collaborate in a team setting with department members and other design disciplines such as geotechnical, structural, construction materials testing and external sub-consultants and clients, as necessary, for project coordination.
- Holds a team of EITs and PEs accountable for quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Assigns projects to Design Leads or Project Engineers
- Reviews timesheets and expenses of direct reports
- Develops leadership of direct reports
- Performs QA/QC of designs and documents congruent with experience
- Reviews and seals projects congruent with their experience level
- Generates proposals
- Generates invoicing
- Communicates and coordinates with consultants and AHJ
- Bachelor of Science or Master's degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5-10 years of engineering experience with experience as a project manager/team lead
- Experience in all aspects of Civil engineering, including: knowledge of site development, land development, municipal infrastructure, erosion control, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, domestic water and grading designs.
- Registered P.E. in the state of Texas
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PondPack, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Autodesk SSA, Flowmaster, EPANET, and WaterCAD skills required.
- Being solutions-minded and self-initiating
Gessner Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert