- City of Santa Clara
- Santa Clara, California
- $187,726.59 - $242,947.83 Annually
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Manager / Leader
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
The Transportation Manager will be responsible for direct supervision of the Traffic Engineering Division in the Department of Public Works. The Traffic Engineer Division’s mission is to provide safe and efficient movement of pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and vehicular traffic in Santa Clara. Other responsibilities include:
- Increasing safety for all modes of transportation
- Reducing delays for all users with new innovative technologies
- Obtaining and managing transportation grants
- Designing, installing, maintaining, and operating all City traffic infrastructure
- Supporting and coordinating with regional transportation initiatives
The incumbent in this position will exercise a high level of judgement in guiding the Traffic Engineering Division to fulfill its goals and meets its performance objectives. Key focus areas include:
- Analyze and manage the Department’s various revenue programs that support Traffic Engineering including Federal, State, Regional, and local sources such as fees, taxes, ang grants
- Lead and manage the City’s role in regional transportation initiatives and projects such as BART Phase II Extension, Caltrain, and High-Speed Rail.
- Improve customer service and responsiveness regarding traffic inquiries/complaints.
- Modernize the City's traffic management systems to take advantage of new technologies such as Adaptive Signal Timing
- Implement multimodal improvements in Santa Clara including pedestrian, trail, and improvement/programs
The ideal candidate will be a proven professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, have a strong background in infrastructure planning or traffic engineering with demonstratable understanding of short-term and long-range transportation planning, have effective communication skills, quickly analyze complex situations to identify critical issues, develop priorities, and take appropriate courses of action.
This is a single incumbent professional management level position in the unclassified service responsible for direct supervision of the Traffic Engineering Division in the Department of Public Works. The incumbent will report to the Assistant Director of Public Works.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
As a member of the City's Unclassified Service, this is an "at-will" position and the incumbent serves at the discretion of the City Manager. An incumbent in this classification: demonstrates strong ethical, professional, and service-oriented leadership and interpersonal skills; sets a good example; and correctly applies the tenets of the City's Code of Ethics and values.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert