Senior Engineer (Project Manager)
- Orange County Sanitation District
- Fountain Valley, California
- $139,880.00 - $169,998.40
- Closing date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Other
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Other
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Government, Other
What do you value in your next job?
At the Orange County Sanitation District our Core Values form the framework of our organization and reinforce our professional work ethic. If the following values ring true with you, we’d love to invite you to explore our career opportunities further.
Integrity, Inclusion, Honesty, and Respect
We aspire to the highest degree of integrity, inclusion, honesty, and respect in our interaction with each other, our suppliers, our customers, and our community. We strive to demonstrate these values in our actions, commitments, and service.
Leadership, Teamwork, and Problem Solving
We lead by example, acknowledging the value of our resources and using them wisely to achieve our mission. We strive to reach OC San goals through cooperative efforts and collaboration with each other and our constituencies. We work to solve problems in a creative, cost-effective, and safe manner, and we acknowledge team and individual efforts.
Customer Service, Transparency, and Accountability
We are committed to acting in a timely, accurate, accessible, and transparent manner through excellent customer service. We are committed to act in the best interest of our internal and external stakeholders.
Resiliency, Innovation, and Learning
We continuously develop ourselves, enhancing our talents, skills, and abilities. We recognize that only through personal growth and development will we progress as an agency and as individuals.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment. We will demonstrate leadership, promote individual accountability, and participate actively in the advancement of our health and safety practices.
OC San is currently looking to fill the role of a Senior Engineer (Project Manager).
Under general direction, leads and participates in a variety of the most complex and responsible engineering assignments in the planning, design, construction, operations, and compliance of wastewater facilities, infrastructure, systems, and programs; manages major capital projects through all phases of the project management life cycle; inspects and analyzes plant operations, develops solutions, and implements process improvements; serves as subject matter expert and advisor to management staff on assigned plant systems, projects, or programs; researches complex problems, conducts technical engineering-related studies, and recommends operational, program, or policy solutions; provides guidance, technical direction, and training to other engineering staff, and performs duties as assigned.
When assigned to Project Management Group (PMG):
- Performs project management functions for OC San's Capital Improvement Program's (CIP) major capital projects; reviews project proposals to determine project goals, scope of work, staffing requirements, schedules, budgets, procedures for accomplishing projects, and allotment of available resources for various phases of the projects as defined by the guidelines established.
- Assembles project teams for planning, design, and construction of projects; confers with project staff to outline work plans and to assign tasks and the resources required for each task; establishes project milestones.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates activities of the project team to ensure projects progress on schedule within prescribed budget, and with acceptable quality; confers with project team to provide technical advice and resolve problems; conducts project team meetings to ensure adequate communication of project status.
- Applies project management tools as required to address the financial aspects and impacts of project variables such as delays of schedule.
- Interfaces with senior management, the Board of Directors, peers, project staff, consultants, customers, and users as necessary to coordinate project execution; informs stakeholders of project status and possible outcomes.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, with major coursework in civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical, or environmental engineering, or a related field, dependent upon area of assignment.
- Six (6) years of increasingly responsible professional engineering work experience,
- Must possess a valid California Class C Driver's License.
- Must possess a valid registration as a professional engineer (P.E.) in the State of California.
Recruitment & Selection Process
Apply online at: www.ocsan.gov/jobs
APPLICATION FILING DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 by 5:00 P.M. PST.
(or until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received)
Hiring Salary Range: $139,880.00 - $154,232.00 /Year
(starting salary will be within this range based upon qualifications)
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle and visit various OC San sites, projects, and/or meetings; primarily a sedentary office classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required; occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information; ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 35 pounds.
- Mobility to work in changing site conditions; to sit, stand, and walk on level, uneven, or slippery surfaces; to reach, twist, turn, kneel, and bend, to climb and descend ladders.
- Perform light physical work; lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects averaging a weight of 51 pounds, or heavier weights, in all cases with the use of proper equipment and/or assistance from other staff.
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen.
- Vision to inspect site conditions and work in progress.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment.
- Frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards.
- Climb ladders, install cabling, work around and in low voltage field control panels and hardware; use electrical and networking test equipment; use tools to remove, install and test equipment including servers, network equipment, power supplies, fiber optics and cabling.
- Office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- May work in the field and occasionally be exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, road hazards, vibration, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, hazardous physical substances and fumes, dust, and air contaminants.
- Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Disaster Service Workers
All OC San employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with OC San requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
- Probationary Period: All OC San employees, except classifications considered “at-will”, are subject to the probationary period provisions as specified in the applicable Memorandum of Understanding, policies, and/or resolutions. Employees who have not yet successfully completed their initial probationary period serve “at-will” and may be released from employment without cause or recourse to any appeal or grievance procedures.
- Pre-Employment: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of OC San’s pre-employment process, which includes a background investigation, a physical examination, and a drug screen.
- Work Location Assignment: Employees will be assigned to a work location based on business needs which may be located at any/all of OC San locations; this work location may be changed at any time.
For the full range of duties, responsibilities, and essential job functions please review the Classification Specification for this position found on our website.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate, through their application materials, that they meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the job announcement and class specification to receive further consideration. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview. All properly completed applications will be reviewed, and the most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process.
False statements may be cause for disqualification, removal from the eligible list, or discharge from employment. All statements made on applications are subject to investigation and verification.
To ensure your application is accurate and complete, please review the Job Application Guide.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of OC San's pre-employment process, which includes a background investigation and a physical examination. For some positions, this may include a drug screen. False statements may be cause for disqualification, removal from the eligible list, or discharge from employment. All statements made on applications are subject to investigation and verification.
Reference Checks will be conducted by OC San to verify employment related information for all potential employees once a contingent job offer is made during the background investigation process. This is done to ensure that individuals who join OC San are well qualified and have a strong potential to be successful in their employment. The extent of the inquiry will depend on the position being applied for, but will at least include:
- Verification/Reference from current and past employers
- Confirmation of necessary licenses, certificates, and degrees.
- Please have all necessary documentation ready. Additional inquiries may be necessary depending on the position for which you are applying. Human Resources will also schedule a post-offer physical examination once a job offer has been made.
OC San only accepts applications submitted via our online application system. Applications submitted via mail, fax or email will not be accepted.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert