- City of Killeen
- Killeen, Texas
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Construction Engineering, Planning & Development
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Manager / Leader
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Reviews new construction plans for compliance with codes, regulations, & standards, & adequacy of applications for permits. Reviews associated technical reports including drainage analysis, Traffic Impact Analysis as well as legal agreement document; Prepares review memo, communicate / meets with the applicant, and resolves issues.
- Reviews preliminary plats, final plats, & construction drawings for new or re-platted subdivisions.
- Reviews ROW /Easement Use & Cut permits. Assists and responds to private property owners with engineering/infrastructure related inquiries.
- Maintains documentation of all land development related activities, records of all plans, contract & financial documents, & important communication.
- Plans, directs & coordinates I/I studies, sewer system evaluation surveys, sewer rehabilitation, street & drainage projects, & acquires right of way and easements for projects.
- Review floodplain development permits, and documents related to floodplain change. Prepare summary and recommends findings to the City Engineer.
- Assists in review and updating of the City's construction standards.
- Monitors local, regional, state and Federal regulations on water, wastewater, highways, and drainage to ensure City compliance.
- Responds to public or other inquiries relative to engineering policies and procedures on specific projects and other information;
- Prepares engineering reports, memos, transmittal letters, etc.
- Updates status tracking report and database.
- Performs other duties as assigned. See website for full description.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field; &
- Minimum of three (3) years civil engineering experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license by date of hire.
- Must obtain and maintain a Texas Driver's License within 90 days of hire.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or registered in other States with the ability to become registered in Texas by appropriate means within 6 months of hire.
- Must be physically capable of moving about on construction work sites and under adverse field conditions.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City's Personnel Rules and Regulations; possesses and maintains a valid driver's license, if required, and complies with City of Killeen driving policy accordingly.
- Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert