- City of Killeen
- Killeen, Texas
- Closing date
- Apr 10, 2023
- Construction Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Manager / Leader
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Prepares, negotiates, processes, and administers contracts with engineering, architectural, surveying, and other professional service companies, including drafting agreement documents, evaluating consultant fee proposals, and verifying compensation for professional services.
- Reviews the construction plans and related documents including bid package and ensures compliance with codes, regulations, and standards.
- Submits applications and secures approval or permits from other agencies for City projects.
- Prepares and submits reimbursement applications to funding agencies and ensure timely reimbursements for the City.
- Provides the project managers necessary guidance and support for implementation of projects.
- Conducts engineering studies in response to requests for information from City Management.
- Assists in review and updating of the City's construction standards, design guidance manual, details, and specifications.
- Monitors local, regional, state and Federal regulations on water, wastewater, highways, and drainage to ensure City compliance.
- Responds to public or other inquiries relative to engineering policies and procedures on specific projects and other information;
- Prepares engineering reports, memos, transmittal letters, etc.
- Updates status tracking report and database.
- Performs other duties as assigned. See website for full description.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field; &
- Minimum of three (3) years civil engineering experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
See website for full description.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert