Structural Products Engineer
- Fortune Brands Innovation
- Maumee, Ohio
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Organization Type
Solar Innovations, LLC provides custom, single-source manufacturing and installation of door and window, glass structure, and skylight products. Our team works collaboratively as part of the Fortune Brands Innovations (FBIN) in the Outdoors business unit alongside with Therma-Tru, Fiberon, and LARSON to develop products that enhance the outdoor living space.
This position is eligible for hybrid work schedule with 1-2 days remote work and 3-4 days in our state-of-the-art Innovation Center located in Maumee, OH a suburb of Toledo. Travel will be required to our Pine Grove, PA facility.
As the Structural Products Engineer, you will simultaneously be leading projects and providing guidance for teams. You will be required to perform calculations using National and Local Codes (including IBC, ASCE7, ADM, AISC, ACI, NDS, and others), review drawings, provide recommendations, read specifications, write specifications, evaluate reports, and write reports among other typical engineering tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside the sales and project management team to successfully design and fabricate structures that meet engineering criteria specified by both customer’s specifications and building codes to minimize expense, design, and fabrication issues.
- Interpret Plans and Specifications provided by customers and other team members.
- Assist other engineers in determining solutions for simple and complex structures.
- Prepare project proposals, reports, designs, conceptual drawings, review project specifications, provide load letters, and provide preliminary details as needed.
- Present design and research to management.
- Advise staff on process recommendations.
- Review Shop Drawings.
- Determine Dead Loads, Wind Loads, Snow Loads, Live Loads, Seismic Loads using different versions of ASCE7.
- Design Structures using National Codes (e.g. ADM2020, AISC, NDS, ACI, ASTM E1300, etc) considering the strength of the material and selected based on appropriate Safety Factors.
- Make calculations using pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Use CAD and Staad for simulation and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering; Structural Engineering preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Strong understanding of Building Codes, especially IBC and ASCE7
- Experience in developing designs according to customer specifications and requirements
- Experience in reading and interpreting architectural plans and specifications
- Possess a team-oriented attitude to be able to work with various departments to lead and facilitate the execution of projects
- Experience leading conference calls with architects, contractors, and/or end users
- Experience providing guidance to the drafting department using AutoCAD
- Experience with Excel, STAAD (or SAP2000), and MathCAD Prime engineering software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to all associate levels within the Company and customers
- EIT or PE license – Preferred
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Innovation products
- Culture committed to work life balance with hybrid work schedules and generous PTO
As part of Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/LARSON/Solar Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at FBIN.Recruiting@fbhs.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates for positions with FBIN must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: FBIN does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Apply for Structural Products Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert