Structural Intern- Summer 2023
- Gessner Engineering
- Bryan, Texas (US)
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Internship / Student / Training
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
As a Structural Intern at Gessner Engineering, you will assist the Structural Department in their daily operations on a variety of projects. Your specific responsibilities are commiserated with experience and the expected learning outcomes.
- Work in a team setting with other team members as well as other design disciplines like civil, geotechnical, and external sub consultants if necessary.
- Assist with design for a variety of projects including residential, commercial, and higher education.
- Visit project sites to assist with the collection of forensics and as-built data and conduct construction administration observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of structural engineers and designers. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Experience in the use of various structural design codes and specifications including but not limited to IBC, IRC, ASCE 7, ACI, PCI, AISC, NDS, and TMS
- Experience in design and detailing of various construction materials, including steel, cold formed metal framing, conventional and post-tensioned concrete, concrete masonry, and conventional and engineered wood
- Experience in the design and analysis of building structures
- Experience in the development of comprehensive construction documents
- Bluebeam, Autodesk REVIT, RISA, or RAM Structural System experience
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student working towards a Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with Structural focus.
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- Capable of working at least 30 hours a week during the summer
Gessner Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert