Civil Engineer Consultant (Transportation)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
- Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Staff Engineer
- Organization Type
THE POSITION The Department of Transportation is seeking a hard-working and dedicated Civil Engineer Consultant. Apply today to take your career to the next level! DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Negotiation Engineer’s position is established in the Contract Management Section, with primary responsibility on electronic Engineering Agreements and paper Agreements for Engineering Districts 5-0 and 9-0.
The purpose of this position is to administer requests for consultant services, provide support to the Department Consultant Selection Committee, review and evaluate consultant engineer’s proposals, negotiate Engineering Agreements and Supplements thereto, prepare the written and electronic Engineering Agreements, and administer the execution of Engineering Agreements.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the Position Description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework), part-time up to 60% (three days each week). In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Four years of professional civil engineering experience which includes three years in the appropriate specialty.
Necessary Special Requirement:
- Possession of a valid Professional Engineer license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists.
- Condition of Employment:
- This position requires possession of a valid Non-commercial Class C Driver’s License.
- Post-Employment Requirement:
- For the Bridges and Transportation parentheticals, successful candidates with an out of state Professional Engineer license will be required to produce a valid Professional Engineer license issued by Pennsylvania within their initial six-month probationary period.
- PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert