Civil Safety Engineer
- Electus Recruitment Solutions
- £40,000 - £50,000 per year
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Engineer, Staff Engineer
- Organization Type
Our client is an established SME Consultancy providing expert services in Safety Engineering, Cyber Security, Safety Management, and Risk Management.There Aerospace & Defence Business Unit is looking to recruit a bright, dynamic, and energetic Functional Safety Engineer with civil aerospace knowledge to engage directly with our electric vertical take-off and landing vehicle (eVTOL) customers producing key safety deliverables via the application of appropriate regulatory requirements. The role provides opportunities to manage and contribute to civil aerospace programmes in a number of key areas; ranging from aircraft and system safety engineering and analysis, through to Certification and Operations.Key Responsibilities
- Undertake functional safety analysis via application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Interface/liaise with system designers, Regulatory/Certification bodies, Operators, Systems Engineering throughout development lifecycle regarding safety.
- Identify and create evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities to support the traceability of system safety requirements, to implementation and operation.
- Perform hazard analysis to define safety requirements and detailed systems analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Develop safety arguments and draft safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including identification of appropriate evidence to show safety arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Support clients with specification, development or delivery of their safety case programs.
- Assist in proposal and client development and resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks, within allocated timescales/hours.
- Carry out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
- University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in the application of safety and risk engineering processes to identify hazards and vulnerabilities, author safety cases and justifications, assess risk, and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level e.g. FHA, SSA, CCA (ZSA, PRA, CMA).
- Experience in the application of safety analysis techniques including FTA, FMEA/S, MBSA.
- Knowledge of the civil aerospace certification processes including CS-23, CS-25, CS-27, ARP4761. ARP4754A.
- Experience of working directly with clients with an ability to present information and findings in either a clearly written and structured report or presentation format.
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with clients and colleagues. To work effectively, professionally and proactively with people, in face-to-face meetings and through interaction by video calls, telephone and email.
- Attention to detail with an ability to work in a methodical manner and deal with complex situations.
- A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on delivery and excelling expectations.
- Able to communicate across all levels of the company. Are articulate with an ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm; flexible and positive attitude; adaptable and resilient.
- Are willing to travel to client sites, as and when required.
- Are willing to be Security Cleared.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert