Assistant/Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
- Cedarville University
- Cedarville, Ohio
- Commensurate with Experience
- Closing date
- May 13, 2023
- Water Resources Engineering, Other
- Position Type
- Faculty / Professor
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
The Cedarville University School of Engineering and Computer Science invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Civil Engineering for the 2023-2024 academic year. We are seeking highly qualified candidates from across the spectrum of professional civil engineering practice. Strong candidates may be considered for appointment at the Professor level. Rank is commensurate with experience.
The School of Engineering and Computer Science is housed in a modern facility with extensive state-of-the-art laboratories and offers ABET-accredited BSCpE, BSEE, and BSME degrees as well as an ABET-accredited BS degree in Computer Science and specialization in Cyber Operations. The newly constructed Civil Engineering Center houses the laboratories, classrooms, and faculty offices which support the new BSCE program.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses and laboratories across a variety of civil engineering areas, advising students, and advising senior design projects. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the development of innovative curriculum with a strong focus on lab-based learning and project work.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a criminal history investigation. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or related discipline; or
- M.S. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, plus licensure as a registered Professional Engineer (PE); or
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, plus licensure as a registered Professional Engineer (PE), plus at least 10 years licensed professional engineering experience in civil engineering.
- Relevant industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Candidates without a terminal degree may be required to enroll in further graduate level studies as a condition of their employment.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate subject material to students and relate with students and colleagues.
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Workplace Standards.
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran, SHRM-CP, Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position-specific inquiries should be directed to Dr. Robert Chasnov, Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert