Senior Geotechnical Engineer required for a Material Testing Equipment Manufacturer based in Hook.
The role of Senior Geotechnical Systems Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador working in the office and in customer laboratories internationally. The senior engineer will be a role model to others within the Geotechnical Systems Engineering Team and should display/work to the correct procedures in house. In addition to having a high level of understanding of Geotechnical Laboratory equipment and its operation, the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. As a senior member of the team, the engineer will demonstrate the ability to teach at a high level, the fundamentals of Geotechnical Engineering to the wider business. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.Senior Geotechnical Engineer Position Overview
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Position Requirements
- System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
- Provide feedback and propose improvements on In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
- De-bug and problem solve issues from a geotechnical perspective with customer systems and products while here and from the field via phone/email support.
- Installation of equipment and the provision of any associated training at customers' premises both internationally and in the UK.
- Organise and support day-to-day team activities in the absence of the Geotechnical Systems Lead.
- Work closely with the Geotechnical Specialist and Marketing on Geotechnical papers.
- Represent the company in future geotechnical development and research projects
- Ensure technical documents are updated with Geotechnical information on a regular basis.
- Test new or bespoke systems for geo/technical performance
- Organise and deliver geotechnical knowledge / information to the business on a regular basis
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, with experience in geotechnical lab testing. Experience of writing papers or other technical literature.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
- A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team
- Experience of Microsoft office for report writing and scientific data interpretation.
- The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
- A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.