Job Description - Principal Technical Consultant, Water Engineer (UNI00AV)
Principal Technical Consultant, Water Engineer - UNI00AV
Company : Advisian
Primary Location : GBR-GL-London
Other Locations Job
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting : Mar 17, 2023
Unposting Date : Ongoing
Reporting Manager Title : EMEA Regional Managing Consultant, Water
Advisian is the consulting business line of Worley Group. We provide global expertise to clients in the energy and resources, infrastructure and utilities sectors. Advisian employs more than 3,000 people operating across 19 countries, supporting and supported by over 50,000 employees in the wider Worley Group. Within the UK Advisian has over 100 water and environmental specialists based within our UK offices.
We provide water management and a full range of environmental consultancy services with a strong reputation for technical excellence and innovation. Our Water team provides integrated water management services to our clients in the energy, resources, and infrastructure sectors across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Central Asia. Our aim is to build long term relationships with our clients providing cutting edge technical services and advice to support major capital investment projects. We want to be seen as the "go-to" consultancy for complex projects globally.
Due to significant recent project wins and growth prospects, we are currently looking for Water/Wastewater Engineers at various levels of experience to support our projects. This is a full time, permanent (40 hours per week) position and will be part of our Water practice within the Environment & Water Group.
The successful applicant(s) will support our wider team in the UK and global to deliver excellent quality work around the world on a range of projects.
We strongly support individual career development through frequent internal and external training. Advisian is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to reflect this in its diverse workforce. Core Responsibilities
Technical responsibilities will vary depending on the level of seniority but will involve:
- Experience of desalination plants, raw water, industrial effluent and wastewater treatment particularly in industrial settings
- Design of treatment plants along with developing Basis of Design, Mass Balance, PFDs, P&IDs, outline control philosophy and specifications for Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants,
- Presenting, analysing and interpreting water quality data to assess and evaluate hydro-chemical characteristics of different water streams and advise on scale potential and treatment solutions
- Ability to work constructively within large engineering teams to ensure successful project outcomes
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to think logically and clearly
- IT skills - MS Office suite, chemical modelling applications
The candidate(s) will also need to be capable of understanding economic issues in relation to environmental and engineering outcomes. The successful candidate would be expected to travel within the UK and overseas but not for extended periods. Qualifications
Minimum Engineering degree in a relevant subject (e.g. chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical or other related disciplines). Skills Required
- Motivated to learn and embrace new experiences
- Logical and clear thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Awareness of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- A willingness to travel, stay away from home and undertake site based work.
- Full valid driving license.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports, and think logically and clearly;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, and contractors'; and Excellent oral and written communication skills.
These positions would be suited to an ambitious individual who is looking to further their career and contribute to the continued success and further growth of Advisian. It requires a willingness to undertake a demanding role, often on a fast-track project schedule.
This position offers excellent career development potential, including substantial opportunities for international experience.
Advisian is a global organisation with globally focused clients. This will provide successful candidates with the opportunity to undertake overseas roles and assignments.
Advisian strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunities and are committed to promoting fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits packages and a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment, with the opportunity to develop your career prospects globally.