Description:You'll Come for a Job…But You'll Stay for an Exciting Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a PLAN CHECK ENGINEER (PART TIME OR FULL TIME) in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PLAN CHECK ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for examining plans of commercial, industrial and single and multi-family projects to determine conformance with Orange County or surrounding counties, and City codes and ordinances. Performs professional duties involving the review and checking of plans including but not limited to, Hydrology and Hydraulics, WQMP, LID, Site Grading, & SD (as needed).
Possesses communication, technical writing, and presentation skills, and is capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to projects.
PLAN CHECK ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Reviews engineering plans, reports, and supporting calculations submitted for residential, commercial, and industrial developments to ensure compliance with city and county design guidelines and regulations (conditions of approval, master plans, low impact development, etc)
- Checks for accuracy of design in conformance with City Standards and Check Lists.
- Works independently and as a team member; recognizes and sets priorities and meets deadlines.
- As needed, performs record keeping and documentation of plan check reviews.
- As needed, monitors and updates plan check log on a weekly basis in Microsoft Excel.
- Requires bachelor's degree from an accredited college in civil engineering or closely related field.
- Requires 5+ years' experience in civil engineering industry, preparing studies such as Hydrology and WQMP.
- Preferred a minimum of 2 years' experience as a plan checker reviewing plans and hydrology and WQMP reports and related grading or improvement plans.
- Candidate must be familiar with computer operation (MS Office).
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.
- Successful completion of EIT required; California PE is preferred but not required.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package (if working 32+ hours/week), remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/mXM7EZH5jMlnBcDWVFrwm1