SENIOR CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER Oxford Role
: Senior Civil Design Engineer (Engineer / Senior Level) Salary
: Competitive Salary - (based on experience / qualification) Location
: Oxford - (flexible home / office working) Hours
: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Our client is looking for an ambitious Senior Civil Design Engineer to join their successful development engineering team, based in Oxford. Predominantly working for key clients in the developer sector.
The successful Senior Civil Design Engineer is likely to have UK experience in a similar role, with the ability to plan, deliver and manage workload to ensure delivery of multiple design projects to tight deadlines. Applications are welcome from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. About The Company
They are an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy providing services across development planning, environment, landscape, and engineering. They have operated independently for over 30 years, now with approximately 60 professional and support staff, including 7 Directors. They have a very welcoming team in Manchester with a supportive and flexible office environment. Senior Civil Design Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
The role requires a confident and experienced engineer that can take lead responsibility for day-to- day running of projects, supporting clients and delivering positive outcomes. They will have a central role in the Oxford team - collaborating with staff at all levels, and our clients. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Bachelors (or Masters) Level Degree in relevant Ideally working towards chartered status
- Consultancy experience working in the UK development sector
- UK experience in similar role
- Excellent communicator with ability to answer technical queries from Clients and Contractors
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to be confident and pro-active in liaising with clients, local authorities, and wider
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to independently manage time and resource across multiple projects, including managing junior
- An enthusiastic approach to professional work and a 'can-do' attitude
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD
- Significant Experience of 3d modelling software for Highway Design (preferably PDS)
- High level knowledge and experience in the use of drainage design software (Microdrainage and / or Causeway Flow)
- Solid working knowledge and experience of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) designs and standards
- Good understanding of latest sewerage sector guidance and legislation
- Significant experience of progressing technical submissions through to approvals from relevant authorities for inclusion within Section 38, 278 and 104 Agreements.
What To Do Next
- CompetitiveSalary with good scope for advancement
- Flexibleworking - we offer all staff options around home/office working
- Positivework-life balance with a strong team ethic
- Trainingand Professional Development opportunities - we encourage all staff to continue learning and building knowledge through external training /
If you are interested in this Senior Civil Design Engineer opportunity in Oxford, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.