Manager Construction Services
- Hillsborough County
- Hillsborough County, Florida
- Mid: $121,596 to High: $151,000
- Closing date
- May 22, 2023
- Construction Engineering
- Position Type
- Manager / Leader
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
This position manages the construction management team of Public Works, comprised of 44 professional and paraprofessional staff members, to manage, inspect, document the Transportation and Stormwater construction phase of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects and developer constructed infrastructure to ensure compliance with County, State, and Federal Regulations. This team manages consultant staff on certain projects to perform the construction management oversight for CIP projects.
Salary Starting at $121,596.80 annually
Benefits: Hillsborough County - Benefits
- Manage the CIP construction phase Stormwater and Transportation contracts to ensure compliance with County, State, and Federal regulations for approximately $95 Million in CIP funding. Manage the developer inspection team for developer constructed commercial, public, and private infrastructure to ensure compliance with LDC, County, State, and Federal regulations. Responsible for approximately $100 Million in developer contributed assets through inspection. Perform complex section analysis for workload distribution and process controls and provide executive level reporting on CIP projects, staff duties, and operational actions.
- Provides input for budget planning and decision unit preparation.
- Coordinate with other agencies, consultants, attorneys, developers, residents, etc. for construction related issues.
- Subject matter expert for construction to determine technical manuals and specifications updates.
- Plan and prepare BOCC agenda items for construction related items.
- When designated, assume the authority of, and act on behalf of the Division Director.
- The majority of working conditions occur within hybrid schedule of home and office.
- At times field reviews occur on major construction sites.
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking and stooping.
Nature of Work
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; AND
- Greater than 10 years of post-registration as a Professional Engineer; AND
- 15 years of experience in construction management
License/Certification: Professional Engineer registered in Florida
Key Job Requirements
Critical Thinking: Highly complex critical thinking requirements that cover construction specification requirements that affect life and safety on construction projects.
Decision Making: Exercise independent judgment in decision making on project sites, including design changes affecting the traveling public and public funding.
Communication: Requires executive level written and verbal communication skills with public officials, media, residents, and other agencies.
Strategic Planning: Provides strategic planning for construction group. Plans project staffing for all CIP programs and assigned projects during the construction phase.
Leadership: Provides leadership for all construction management staffing, defining goals, and objectives.
Managerial/Operational Skills: Plans and executes program operational staffing for construction projects to ensure oversight of project meets goals and objectives.
Analytical Ability: Highly complex analytical ability to find creative methods and approaches to ensure all programs are completed as planned.
Managing Complexity: Responsible for all CIP construction projects and development services inspection responsibilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert