Water Treatment Engineer / Supervisor Full-time, Permanent, 40-hour week 08.00-16.30 (half hour unpaid lunch) Portsmouth and the South of England £35K - £38k + Company Vehicle
Our client has been specialists in both commercial and domestic water softeners and water treatment for over 40 years in the UK. They are a family run business who are proud to hold a Royal Warrant for over 10 years for Buckingham Palace.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this prestigious & friendly Company.
Ideally the candidate must have previous experience of 5 years plus in the water treatment or plumbing industry. Must be able to work within a small team, but also be disciplined whilst lone working.
They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Water Treatment Engineer/Supervisor to join a longstanding company within the water treatment industry.
The role would require carrying out engineering works and surveying/quoting for new works.
The successful candidate will hold a solid work history and strong technical knowledge of the industry. Previous/current experience working with a team of engineers, liaising with clients and undertaking water treatment/hygiene works is a must.
The ideal candidate would be happy to remain hands on and travel within the role, as well as work out of the Portsmouth office as required.
Must live within a reasonable and practical commuting distance of the office. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Conduct site surveys for future works.
- Office quoting and client liaison to ensure work approval.
- Answer technical queries as and when required.
- Act of non-conformance tracker systems.
- Notifying clients of risks and responsibilities.
- To update Legionella Control systems.
- Control calibration of testing equipment.
- Carrying out a range of water treatment / hygiene duties to a mixture of water systems including; closed systems, chemical dosing systems, water softeners, Ultra-violet systems and others.
- Planning of work schedules.
- To work with a team of engineers to carry out water hygiene/treatment tasks when required.
- Maintaining a professional working relationship with clients.
- Water temperature monitoring, as required.
- Water sampling for Bacterial and Legionella sampling, as required.
- Shower cleans and disinfections, as required.
- TMV Servicing and Maintenance etc, as required.
- Closed system testing, dosing and flushing, as required.
- Internal pipework disinfections, as required.
- External pipework chlorination's - pipework ranges in length with diameters ranging from 25mm +90mm, as required.
- Tank clean and disinfections, as required.
- Water softener installations, and UV & Filtration installations, as required.
- Assist with private water system works, as required.
- Dosing pump installations/servicing, as required.
- Assist with remedial works following Legionella Risk Assessments (e.g. plumbing works & other works), as required.
- Will hold extensive experience working as an engineer within the water treatment industry.
- Must have a strong technical knowledge and will ideally hold experience working on closed systems.
- Demonstrable experience working in a busy office environment and using computer systems daily.
- Evidence of ability to use Microsoft office package and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Working as a member of a team with the flexibility to cope with changes to work plans at short notice.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Demonstrable organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Will hold up to date knowledge of water treatment / legionella guidelines / legislation.
- Will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be happy to travel within the role.
- Previous Supervisor/Quoting experience is desirable.
- CSCS (like to have, not mandatory)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 3-5 years of relevant water hygiene and treatment experience
- Recent DBS (Disclosure Barring Service)
- Any relevant industry certification, beneficial to the role.
- Uniform provided
- PPE provided
- Van included with no private mileage.
- Fuel Card provided
- 20 days annual leave, with an increase to 22 days (after probation period)
- Standard pension package