Senior Structural Engineer
Vertical Recruitment are proud to be working alongside one the industries most sought after employers. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join their reputable global multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating across 12 countries.
This role will see you working as part of the Manchester-based structural engineering team focussing on a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and further afield. This is a technically demanding role.
The ideal candidate will have a creative ability with an interest/aptitude in computational techniques as well as being conscious of changes in the industry, such as in reducing embodied carbon and modern methods of construction in structural design.
* Working independently and as part of a team offering creative solutions.
* Produce calculations, models, reports, and presentations to an excellent standard, on time and to budget.
* Share your work for review by senior colleagues and review the work of others for quality assurance.
* Presenting your designs at internal workshops and chairing external meetings with clients and external consultants when required.
* Leading teams by making timely decisions and corrective action whilst creating an atmosphere that delivers excellent work.
* Collaborating with external clients and harnessing opportunities to engage other internal discipline designers.
* Informing colleagues of design decisions to ensure the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
* Prepare fee proposals or bids and competition designs whilst working alongside senior colleagues.
* Coordinating your work with other members of the project team and contributing to internal technical development following strategy.
* Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers whilst maintaining your continued professional development, particularly in line management and chartership.
* Actively maintaining an external and internal network.
Your Skills & Experience:
* Extensive building structures design experience.
* Experience as a lead structural engineer on major projects.
* Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using British, US and European codes of practice.
* Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE) and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
* Be a Chartered Member of the ICE or IStructE with the Engineering Council UK or equivalent body.
* A Bachelor's degree BEng / BSc or Master's degree MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline.
What we offer:
* Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
* Hybrid working arrangements.
* Company Pension Scheme.
* Life Assurance.
* Income Protection.
* Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance and Corporate discounts