Structural Engineering Interns - Rail and Transit Sector
- Parsons Corporation
- Denver, Colorado (US)
- $21.00 - $25.00 / hour
- Closing date
- Apr 23, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Internship / Student / Training
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
Please apply via URL link :
Attach a current resume and unofficial copy of college transcripts.
Structural Engineering Interns – Rail and Transit – Denver and Los Angeles
( Summer Program)
Parsons supports all elements of mass transit, including mainline railways, commuter rail and light rail transit. Our design teams have worked on every major transit system in North America and many of the most renowned systems overseas and we are now hiring Engineering Interns in our Denver and Los Angeles offices.
In this role, you will plan and design Facilities and Buildings used in Rail/Transit as well as various structures, like pedestrian bridges, walkways, overpasses, underground structures, and other related structures associated with Mass transit. You will be expected to analyze proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Deliverables include the development of specifications, engineering computations, material quantity take-offs, estimates, surveys and designs from planning stages through construction.
We offer our interns coaching, opportunities to expand their knowledge, competitive compensation and the prospect of a job at graduation! These are office based roles with hybrid remote working allowed ( working from home 1-2 days per week). These are compensated internships, but no relocation or housing assistance is offered.
Parsons Corporation is Fortune 1000 engineering firm and technology solutions provider with over 17,000 employees across 24 countries and over $4 Billion in annual revenue.
- Utilizes Revit in the drafting of facilities and buildings used in rail/transit project in addition to various other structures.
- Utilizes technical plans, sections, and details to ensure compliance with codes and company policies.
- Becomes familiar with various standards and codes such as: IBC, AASHTO, ASCE 7, ACI and NDS.
- Compiles data and performs calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Must be actively enrolled in a Structural / Civil Engineering Degree program at an accredited college or university and have completed at least two years of study – Junior, Senior, or Graduate school level
- Relevant course work required in structural engineering classes
- Former internships are a plus
Experience or training with Microstation and/or Revit is desirable, but not required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert