Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, LLC (Four Peaks) is a growing environmental science and engineering firm serving public and private entities nationwide. We help clients solve challenges in the aquatic environment requiring expertise in aquatic research, water resource management, data science, and regulatory compliance. Our mission is to provide data-driven, cost-effective solutions, and the highest level of customer service to our clients.
Four Peaks has an opening for an environmental scientist position to support its growing water resources practice. The successful candidate will support environmental data analyses, hydrodynamic and water quality modeling, environmental compliance, and project management. The position will provide ample opportunities to work on important environmental challenges facing our clients and rapidly grow into an increasingly responsible position within the firm. We expect to fill this vacancy as a staff-level scientist and will prioritize candidates with a sound technical skillset and an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges. We are looking for a candidate based in the Chicago metropolitan area (preferred) but other Four Peaks offices in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Portland, or Wenatchee) may also be considered for the right candidate.
We expect to fill this vacancy as a mid-level scientist and will prioritize candidates with past consulting experience, a sound technical skillset, and an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges.
Summary of Duties
- Provide technical support for water resources management, water quality modeling, and environmental data analyses projects nationwide
- Develop data analyses and data visualization using Python, R, or other similar languages
- Develop geospatial maps and analyses with ArcGIS, ArcPy, QGIS, or other related tools
- Coordinate field projects including interfacing with field crew, laboratories, and vendors to ensure smooth operation of field work
- Perform data validation for laboratory and field data and ensure QA/QC protocols are appropriately followed
- Support the development and application of surface water modeling tools such as CE-QUAL-W2, EFDC, DELFT3D/DFM, etc. for various environmental projects
- Contribute to technical reports and other project deliverables in a timely manner
- Travel to field sites and provide field support for ongoing field investigations and projects as needed
- Contribute to marketing and business development efforts
- Master's degree or higher in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in managing and presenting data visually using Python, R, or other programming languages
- Strong academic background on aquatic chemistry, limnology, environmental fluid mechanics, and water quality modeling
- Experience in working with DEM, LiDAR, and bathymetry data
- Proficiency writing technical reports and other scientific documents
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of motivation and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks
- Experience in modeling hydrodynamic, sediment, contaminant fate and transport or water quality modeling
- Professional engineer or other relevant certifications
- Ph.D. in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline
- Experience with water quality standards and environmental requirements associated with hydropower projects, specifically in working on Clean Water Act Section 401 Water Quality Certification compliance
- Experience in CERCLA/Superfund projects
- Managing environmental projects
Four Peaks Benefits
Four Peaks is committed to ensuring a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. You'll be joining a team committed to positively impact our local, regional, national, and global communities—those same communities in which we operate. We live our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Four Peaks as core values through how we hire, promote, and develop our team. We are determined to pursue these values to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive day-to-day workplace and company culture.
Our salary and benefits package includes
- Annual profit-based bonus reflecting company-wide performance
- Performance-based incentive compensation
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- 401k program with employer match
- 8 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, and a generous paid time off program
- Cell phone allowance
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, growing team please apply today. Cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position.