2023 UK (Belfast) Graduate Civil Engineering Career Path - RailJob DescriptionTo avoid missing out on this opportunity, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible as we will close when the positions have been filled.
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes and to transform businesses, communities and provides progressive career opportunities for its employees?
Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking to recruit a talented Civil Engineer to join our growing infrastructure team in Belfast working on a range of exciting projects in the rail, education, health and energy sectors for a wide variety of clients.
We have been successful in securing exciting projects across these sectors.
Within Mott MacDonald, the Early Careers Professionals (ECP) network is a progressive, innovative, and self-sustaining community that connects professionals in the first few years of their career. The ECP network provides a challenging and supportive environment in which to learn new skills, gain confidence, and create new connections.
Enrolment into our 3-year ECP Programme will focus your early career development holistically and professionally and will encompass a range of training programs to nurture both technical and behavioural skills.
As part of the role, key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and outline detailed civil engineering designs and calculations for infrastructure projects.
- Prepare method statements and engineering proposals
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors, and other design teams.
- Visiting construction sites to carry out site inspection and site supervision
- Coordinate with various parties (team members, clients, government authorities) on design and stakeholder interface.
- Liaising and working together within the project team of engineers and drafters
The team operates an agile working policy and we welcome applications from candidates who are seeking a balance between home and office working.Candidate Specification
We are looking for committed and motivated graduates with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will have less than 12 months relevant experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one in civil engineering,or a similar subject.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in the role and working at Mott MacDonald through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
As we want the best people for the role, we support flexible working.
Please ask us at interview stage about any flexibility you may need.Job ProfileAbout your development
A graduate position should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. Thats why with our graduate roles, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, youll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. Well support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.What else is involved?
Youll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year soft-skills development programme which develops the strengths that we know graduates need to be successful at Mott MacDonald. It also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) challenges. We understand that each persons career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individuals development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
Did you know that Mott MacDonald are Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Youre probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and youll get:
Our social side
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, youll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that youre given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, youll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. Thats why with our flexible plan, youll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, theres a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, youll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether its meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. Were committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in whats already on offer, dont be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesnt stop there. As well as events, youll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence