Principal Civil Engineer - WarringtonJob Summary
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our Nuclear Power & Decommissioning Team in Warrington, we are looking to increase our technical workforce and are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer.
The candidate that we are looking to recruit should have a minimum of 10 years' experience. The candidate should ideally have experience of working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles reliant upon pragmatic design judgement and where engineering was the major part of the role.
This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Team in Warrington, with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects.Minimum Requirements
The successful Principal Civil Engineer candidate will ideally have/be:
- Expertise demonstrable in one or more specific specialist areas relevant to the Civil engineering discipline with a track record of successful application of specialist knowledge or skills.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance based on knowledge and experience of projects across a portfolio to inform and direct projects and programmes.
- Ability to provide leadership in a key area within an engineering function and act as a custodian of resource and expertise.
- Ideally have experience of working within the Nuclear Sector, new build and decommissioning projects, in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of civil engineering work packages.
- Demonstrable mentorship and direction of Technicians, Graduates and near Chartered members of design team.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to apply them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK driving license or equivalent that permits driving in the UK.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) (MICE)