This is a great opportunity for a Principal Civil / Structural Engineer to join our client's project office in Surrey. We are looking for chemical process, cryogenic, or gas plant civil experience, to work on green Hydrogen Projects.
Reporting to the Civil Engineering Manager the successful applicant will be working in our client's project design and engineering offices. Applicants must have in-depth process engineering industry experience, gained from the oil & gas or chemical industry.
The main duties and responsibilities for this contract role are as follows:-
- An all-round flexible Civil and Structural Engineer
- Able to represent the civil and Structural design at Lead Engineer meetings and at meetings with the Client.
- Able to technically evaluate Civil and Structural Tender submissions.
- Able to monitor detailed design work outsourced to Design Contractors in Ireland, Israel, and India to tight time frame and quality.
- Review the work by the outsource Design Contractor giving consideration to construction costs and making an effective contribution to identify and resolve any issues.
- Develop the scope for the construction of the civil and structural work.
- Respond to queries from the construction site.
- Bring the experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work identify problem areas and suggest improvements
Qualifications & Experience
- A Principal Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an Engineering Degree in an associated subject and ideally be a chartered engineer with the ICE or I/STRUCT/E.
- Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is a basic requirement.
- 20+ years of experience would be expected.
- Needs to have held the position of a Civil and Structural lead on at least one major design project.
- Board detail design experience in foundations, structures, buildings, and drainage detail design
- Experience in determining soil design parameters, such as bearing capacities from factual site investigation data.
- Have knowledge in the use of industry-wide software packages STAAD-Pro,
- Use of various international design standards particularly Eurocodes
If interested in this permanent opportunity please apply with a resume and an email covering letter stating your availability for and current rate or salary.
Role: Lead Civil Structural Engineer
Mon-Fri office hours - 37.5 hours per week
Pay rate: Negotiable Salary