Public Transportation Services Corporation (PTSC)
PTSC is an equal employment opportunity employer
Non-Represented EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Specialty: CAPITAL PROJECTS
Closing Date: 23-APR-23
Salary Grade: HBB
Salary Range: $159,182 - $198,723 - $238,264
This bulletin is posted to establish or add to a Qualified Candidate Pool (QCP)
Provides executive direction and oversees the overall engineering and construction activities for major capital projects; leads a diversified team of engineering, construction management, and project controls staff; and influences relationships with third parties and project stakeholders to help ensure successful implementation of major capital projects. This position will provide engineering support during construction and change management with a team of technical staff and consultants for the Westside Purple Line Extension Section 3 project.
Example Of Duties
- Manages overall project budget and schedule for major capital projects Establishes and monitors short- and long-range project goals, budgets, schedules, progress, and strategies Directs performance of services by consultants and contractors for successful project completion Manages and directs third-party coordination and public affairs activities related to project design and construction Ensures all design and construction meet operations and maintenance quality standards and expectations Sets and implements project policies, procedures, safety and work standards, and controls Coordinates services with other Metro departments to achieve agency-wide goals and objectives Provides policy recommendations, technical assistance, and information to the Board of Directors, executive management, and departments involved in the design, construction, and management of capital projects Ensures compliance with Metro's policies and procedures and applicable state, federal and local regulations and laws Prepares and presents reports and project status to executive and management staff, the Board of Directors, and outside regulatory agencies, and elected officials Represents Metro at meetings, conferences, and public events Communicates Metro′s safety vision and goals; oversees the implementation of agency and departmental safety rules, policies, and procedures; and maintaining accountability for safety performance of all assigned employees Contributes to ensuring that the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and programs of Metro are carried out
May be required to perform other related job duties
Requirements For Employment
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Additional experience, as outlined below, may be substituted for required education on a two-for-one year basis. A typical combination includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or a related field; Master′s Degree in a related field preferred
- Eight years of relevant senior management-level experience in the development, design and/or construction of major capital transit projects
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions California license as a Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
The following are the preferred qualifications:
- Experience overseeing engineering and construction activities for transportation projects including bus, rail, transit facilities, or highway projects Experience utilizing public agency procurement procedures and contract administration Experience organizing and directing the overall operational activities of a multi-disciplinary engineering and project management department Experience managing project budget, schedules, and reporting for transportation projects including bus, rail, transit facilities, or highway projects
- Theories, principles, and practices of program control and project management related to heavy civil projects, including cost estimating, cost engineering, project planning, budgeting, critical path scheduling, cost and schedule progress measurement, and project status reporting Construction methods and material and construction costs Heavy construction practices and procedures Large-scale capital project management Project program control, including estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and reporting Public agency procurement procedures and contract administration Modern management theory
- Directing the overall engineering and construction activities for major capital projects Planning, organizing, and directing the work of a megaproject team Analyzing situations, identifying problems, developing and implementing solutions, and evaluating outcomes Exercising critical thinking, analytical problem solving, and decision-making expertise Communicating effectively orally and in writing Preparing complex comprehensive reports and correspondence Interacting professionally with various levels of Metro employees, Board of Directors, elected officials, and outside representatives Working with third parties at the local, state, and federal levels Directing, supervising, training, mentoring, and motivating assigned staff
- Identify project deliverables and prioritize project requirements Meet tight constraints and deadlines Think and act independently Represent Metro in public meetings Plan financial and staffing needs Compile, analyze, and interpret complex data Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets, and labor/management agreements Handle highly confidential information Travel to offsite locations Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro. (EY)
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
*Open to the public and all Metro employees
**This is an At-Will position and employee serves at the pleasure of the hiring authority.
This job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.