Student Electrical Engineer Intern
- Juneau, Alaska
- Hourly Range: $19 - $22
- Closing date
- Apr 14, 2023
- Utility Engineering
- Position Type
- Internship / Student / Training
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
RESPEC, a 100 percent employee-owned engineering consulting company, provides a variety of engineering services in several fields—mining, water, data, and infrastructure. We are seeking a full-time temporary Electrical Engineer Intern to join our Facilities team in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Working at RESPEC means working on world-class projects in your own backyard. You will use state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with experienced teams to bring innovative ideas to life. This position offers a great career opportunity for a dynamic, energetic individual who wants to develop professionally.
This hands-on planning & design position is located within our Infrastructure Business Unit. The Electrical Intern will work under the supervision of the Facilities South Coast Region Electrical Staff Supervisor, and you will collaborate with team members to support innovative solutions to diverse electrical challenges around Alaska. Our Facilities team works on diverse projects from inception through planning, design, and support of construction efforts for public and private sector clients.
This is a great career opportunity for a dynamic, energetic individual looking to grow in their profession or to express their love for tackling new challenges while working in a fast paced, innovative team environment. The Student Electrical Intern will collaborate with Electrical engineers and staff in supporting professional work products including power, lighting, signal, security, communications and utility infrastructure planning, design, and construction administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides broad support to the RESPEC Alaska-based planning team.
- Assists staff in collecting and preparing data for various projects.
- Conducts field work and collects data on existing conditions.
- Assists staff with engineering calculations and reports.
- Assists team in developing design documents.
- Conducts support functions as needed, such as data entry and file management.
- Recent graduate or enrolled in an accredited school or college and studying toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering or related field.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong research and analytical skills.
- Motivated and positive self-starter able to work independently and in a team.
- Flexibility and desire to gain experience on a wide variety of planning projects.
- US work authorization is required.
Work Schedule: This is a regular full-time summer position. The employee will work 40 hours/week (Monday–Friday) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Office Location: Juneau, AK
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Interviews: Interviews are by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. Our Affirmative Action Plans for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are available upon request to any applicant during normal business hours. Please apply online at: https://respeccareers.applytojob.com/apply/IFHE01VAqe/Student-Electrical-Engineer-Intern.
Preemployment background check and drug screens are required for all positions.
In 2022, RESPEC was honored to be recognized as a Great Place to Work. Everything that RESPEC does seeks to better people and places. Whether we live in, develop, or partner with a community, we act in ways that preserve and enhance quality. Our ACROSS approach ensures that RESPEC brings the skillsets and perspectives that clients need to the places they are. We look for opportunities to consult on areas ranging from sustainable energy and clean water to ethical development and responsible resource extraction. With each service that we provide, RESPEC seeks to unite it with data and technology solutions. Clients’ outcomes will be safe, compliant, trackable, and transparent. RESPEC improves every community that our people and projects touch.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert