Senior Structural Engineer
- Required for my client a Multi-disciplinary consultancy, which operate within the Civil and Structural Engineering, Architecture and Expert Witness sectors. The Senior Structural Engineer to support the growth of the Engineering team based in Manchester. This would suit an ambitious individual with drive and passion to help grow the existing team and provide excellent technical advice to clients.
The Ideal Structural Engineer will be chartered in ICE or IStructE or 6 months away for achieving this status They will also have at least 6 years post-graduation experience within a Multi-Disciplinary Environment. This role is both a management and a technical one so the Structural Engineer will be working on large Framework contracts as well as Structural reports, Surveys, Investigations, Calculations and Expert Witness reports, Management and providing training and guidance to junior team members. Senior Structural Engineer Position Overview
Senior Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- Undertaking of technical and feasibility studies including organising site investigations
- Develop detailed structural designs as well as hand calculations
- Preparation of reports, contract documents, management of tenders.
- Provide technical advice to clients and junior members of the team
- Obtain planning and/or buildings regulation approval
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Resolving design and development problems
- Management of budget and project resources
- Ensuring that all projects comply with legal requirements
- Assisting with training and development of the engineering team
- Inspection / Supervision of construction work on site under contract, preparation of interim and final accounts, claim and practical completion.
Senior Structural Engineer Position Remuneration
- MEng within Structural Engineering
- Charterd or close to chartership with IStructE
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of consulting engineering, surveying, architectural & planning practices and procedures
- An awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines
- Experience working on projects from a house extension to a new factory, school or housing developments
- Knowledge of CDM2015, Party wall, Listed buildings
- Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Pension 7.5% employer contribution
- Performance Bonus
- Holiday 25 days plus BH increasing with service
- Flexible working (family friendly policy)
- Sick pay
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.