Senior Structural Engineer
Salary: From £35,000 to £45,000 per year
Location: Hybrid with home working in our Northallerton, Otley, Durham, Kendal or Cockermouth offices. Some travel required to visit sites across the North of England
Contract: Permanent, full time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays', company pension and other benefits.
Due to our continued growth as we start 2023, we now have an opportunity for two Senior Structural Engineers to join our multi discipline workforce where you will be a significant part of project delivery and work collaboratively with other disciplines to ensure they are cost and time efficient. We are looking for one Engineer to be based in our Northallerton office and another based in Northallerton or any of our other four offices in Otley, Durham, Kendal or Cockermouth.
We take pride the quality of the projects we deliver. This role offers the opportunity to work on a highly varied workload with multiple new and repeat clients. As Senior Structural Engineer you will be an integral part of a very busy and professional team who have a record of consistently meeting and exceeding their targets and who have the passion and determination to improve their service continually.
From your previous established structural engineering experience and knowledge of UK Standards, you will be able to deliver all structural requirements of projects from start to finish, producing designs from feasibility to completion and work within project timescales and finances. As a Senior Engineer you will be expected to interact with clients and contractors, attending design team meetings and resolving site-based issues in a timely manner. You will also have responsibility for mentoring and supporting other members of the Structures team.
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate the following essential skills and qualifications:
* Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent with a significant amount and broad post-qualification experience
* Ideally have completed or working towards being a Chartered member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Experience of successfully completing the Structural aspect of project delivery and providing team support within an engineering consultancy
* Working knowledge of relevant UK standards, Eurocodes, relevant design guidance documentation and Building Regulations
* Skilled in coordinating detailed designs and specifications using AutoCAD, Revit, Tedds, Tekla Structural Designer or similar software packages
* Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with clients and external consultants
* Proficient in carrying our Structural surveys and reports
* Competent in the conceptual and detailed design of structural engineering projects, including new build projects, renovations of existing structures and extensive survey schemes with all forms of structural materials
* IT literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* An understanding and appreciation for project programmes and budget constraints.
As an award-winning building design consultancy, we take pride in the quality of the projects we deliver. We have a strong work pipeline provided by our Partner North Yorkshire Council which provides us with unique access to a wide range of building projects across many sectors including Infrastructure, Housing, Education, Industrial and public buildings.
When you join, you will join a team of professionals who feel rewarded for the work they do. Operating in a friendly but professional environment, we want to provide the training and resources to succeed and thrive in your role. Our people are not just numbers, everyone is crucial to the vital services we provide and we treat everyone in our teams with respect and complete support.
Established in 2017, our team is made up of varying professions, from Architects to Engineers, Quantity Surveyors to Property Advisors, all based across our offices in the North of England. Our offices are across Yorkshire, Cumbria and the North East, allowing for great transport links within the local area the rest of the UK.
We live by our 5 core values: Quality, Innovation, Respect, Honesty and Truth, which elevates us to our aim of being the property consultant of choice with our clients, but also why our team will tell you why they are proud to be part of the team.
What we can offer you
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary from £35,000 to £45,000 per year, along with enrolment to our pensions scheme, 24 days annual holiday, good maternity and paternity leave and flexible working arrangements.
We want to support you in a healthy work-life balance by offering a range of flexible working options. This includes hybrid working, multiple office locations and flexible work schedules. We welcome conversations with the right candidates to ensure we can create an environment built around you and the business.
Other benefits include, but are not restricted to, reimbursement of professional membership or training fees when required for the role, free parking subject to availability, a commitment to staff development, public sector security in a private sector industry, cycle to work scheme as well as other retail and hospitality discounts