My client are currently looking for a Water Design Lead to work on a large Water and Wastewater Infrastructure programme.
The Water and Wastewater Infrastructure programme involves £720m investment for the next 6 years. The programme of work includes the design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure across Scotland.
As Water Lead Design Engineer, you will provide valuable support to Project Managers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, identifying the need for design resources and specialist inputs. The responsibility of mentoring technical design staff and managing stakeholder expectations call for knowledge of crucial design processes and communication skills.
As a Water Design Lead your duties & responsibilities will include:
* Plan, execute, monitor and control engineering output for projects in terms of scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, and stakeholder management
* Balance the needs of multiple projects
* Leadership & responsible for the overall technical coordination and production of multi-disciplinary outputs and designs
* Actively coordinates with all other internal/external project team members
* Ensure engineering team understand & apply with the requirements of the Management Systems including Health & safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
* Typically oversees performance management, mentoring, recognition, learning and development and any corrective actions
* Approve design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate identify innovation/best practice for consideration
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Engineering degree qualified
* Chartered or Incorporated (CEng/IEng) or working towards
* Leadership skills to manage multi-discipline engineering teams & create positive change
* Previous water industry knowledge and experience is desirable but not essential
* Ability to liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
* Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
* Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
* Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
* Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
What's in it for you?
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
* Private health care
* Matched Pension Scheme
* Annual Bonus
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
* Opportunities to progress in a successful company
* Life Assurance
* The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
* The ability to partake in Payroll giving
Access to My Rewards which provides amazing reductions on 1000's of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bill & top retail brand discounts.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants