The Project Engineer is responsible for applying the practical application of engineering principles to design infrastructure for municipal projects, commercial projects, and residential land development projects.
- Develop civil site drawings including site plans, grading plans, demolition plans, utility plans, drainage plans, erosion control plans, details, and additional drawings as required.
- Develop reasonable design alternatives and compare significant limitations such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements, and cost.
- Perform necessary calculations including stormwater calculations, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, etc. as required and develop necessary specifications for a successful and complete construction drawing set.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design programs, along with specified equipment to prepare corresponding engineering documents.
- Prepare conceptual site layouts; review local ordinances.
- Review local requirements for planning and zoning and building permits.
- Collect and complete permit documents.
- Sign and seal drawings as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation in the state of Texas.
- At least 5 or more years of previous experience in civil engineering design.
- Proficient with engineering principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience using computer-design techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, and public agencies.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD-Civil 3D and most MS Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Frequently required to be and remain in a stationary position at a desk using a keyboard and mouse.
- Frequently communicating and exchanging information with clients, peers, and vendors via mobile devices or computers.
- Frequently moving through offices, buildings, sites, construction sites, and other environments.
- On occasion, the employee may be required to position themself under, around, or over equipment, and site utilities.
- On occasion, the employee may be required to drive in a vehicle and transit to project sites.
- Verbal and written communication is required, as well as the ability to hear.
Benefits & Career Growth
CDS Muery offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- HSA & FSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan with company contribution
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD
- Company holidays
- Competitive Salaries
- Paid professional fees, licenses, and association memberships
CDS Muery was established in 1988 with a desire to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. With more than 100 employees providing civil engineering and land surveying services across the South-Central United States including Texas and Oklahoma, CDS Muery is committed to responsiveness and reliability. Innovative thinking and exceptional service are what CDS Muery brings to every client and project.
We provide opportunities for professional growth by building knowledge and broadening skills. Our work environment cultivates the importance of open communication, encourages creative thinking, and promotes innovative ideas. From the inspiration and continued involvement of the company’s leadership, our core philosophies are reinforced daily by their exemplary actions.