My client is now recruiting for a further Civil or Structural Design Engineer to join their ever-growing engineering team in Dorset. Ideally, they are looking for a candidate with some temporary works or steel design experience, but will also accept strong graduate applications.
* An engineering degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Excellent maths and general numeracy skills, including trigonometry
* 2D AutoCAD skills
* 3D draughting / modelling knowledge a bonus
* Knowledge of temporary works
* Ability to read and understand engineering plans, section details and general arrangements
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Advanced IT skills
You will produce designs and technical drawings using AutoCAD and analysis software. You'll also prepare scheme layout technical drawings and supporting calculations and analysis in a timely, clear and concise manner to enable our clients to understand how to erect, and safely the use the equipment.
Your other responsibilities will include:
* Using analysis software and AutoCAD LT (2D) to determine arrangements and solutions applicable to customer requirements.
* Dependent on experience, you will be required to visit sites and prepare clear and accurate site surveys of existing arrangements and assist in developing solutions which incorporate this detail.
* Detailing requirements typically include a combination of plans, sections, elevations and notes/details to ensure the customer and IDH fulfil their moral and legal responsibilities as a designer to ensure the safe use of equipment.
* Working effectively and independently often on multiple projects for a team under frequent pressure of tight deadlines.
* Being keen and willing to learn new skills, as well as become familiar with industry technical documents and standards
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV today