A position is available in the Engineering & Planning Department for a Senior Engineer. A Connecticut Professional Engineers license is required. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word and possess excellent verbal and writing skills. The Senior Engineer reports to the Manager, Capital Delivery and is responsible for leadership roles in all aspects of water utility project management for Aquarion’s facilities in CT, MA and NH. This includes management of planning, design and construction projects such as: evaluation of the physical condition of mechanical, electrical, structural and control systems of existing facilities; identification and prioritization of system deficiencies; identification and evaluation of alternative solutions for system deficiencies; design and construction of water works infrastructure improvements; supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system design and implementation; and the local, state, and federal permitting requirements to execute projects.
• Serves as Project Manager for a variety of capital projects from planning and design through construction, as assigned by Manager, Capital Delivery. Projects may include all aspects of water utility infrastructure including source of supply, treatment, pumping, storage and distribution.
• Represents the company at public hearings and when coordinating with federal, state and local agencies.
• Prepares requests-for-proposals (RFPs) and reviews proposals from contractors and consultants. Manages consultants and contractors including facilitating the execution of contracts, creating purchase requisitions, managing purchase orders, and approving vendor invoices associated with assigned capital projects.
• Evaluates alternative solutions to address system deficiencies and recommends solutions with respect to cost, constructability, schedule, and project objective.
• Prepares and maintains budgets, project plans and critical path schedules for capital improvement projects.
• Prepares, maintains, and reports capital expenditure forecasts on a monthly basis for assigned projects.
• Prepares required documents for Project Management Committee approval for each phase of assigned capital projects.
• Coordinates project progress with internal/external customers and reports progress in conformance with Company goals.
• Conducts technical review of project specifications, design drawings, contracts and bid documents.
• Performs construction management functions for capital projects including coordination with AWC procurement department, budget management, scheduling, and contractor coordination activities.
• Coordinates with Operations personnel in construction and start-up and testing events.
• Participates in and coordinates projects with other AWC Departments.
• Maintains familiarity with applicable water quality, discharge, diversion, ratemaking and other regulations.
• Maintains familiarity with applicable methods and technologies through attendance of seminars and participation in training programs.
• Adheres to and enforces Company safety plan.
Minimum of five years related experience is required.
A Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
Job is classified as an exempt position with an annual salary range of $99,520 to $124,400
After 3 months of successful employment, this role will be eligible for a hybrid schedule (3 days office/2 days remote).
Aquarion requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Aquarion’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Aquarion does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Aquarion Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut, a subsidiary of Eversource, is the public water supply company for approximately 236,000 customer accounts or more than 750,000 people in 72 cities and towns in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
We are the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and are among the seven largest in the U.S. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices.