Civil Structural Engineer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Based on qualifications
- Closing date
- May 28, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
This senior Structural Staff Engineer supports structural design and engineering work. Responsibilities will include but not limited to designing foundations and structures that comply with governing codes and standards. Works hand in hand with other disciplines to identify and design support structures for cable trays, pumps, motors, buildings, etc. Develop project scopes, schedules and budgets for design related tasks. Reviews design work of designer staff within the department.
B.S. from an accredited university.
6+ years of engineering & design experience in a related field/industry. P.E. license preferred. Ability to get license in other states via NCEES record is highly desirable.
Complexity of Assignments
Works on many tasks of multiple projects. Assignments are complex requiring innovative, original solutions.
Assists in creating project scopes, schedules and budgets. Is responsible for executing project plans.
Reviews work of junior technical staff within the department on projects to which he/she is assigned. Responsible for the internal management of projects and reporting on project status to management.
Supervision & Review
Works mostly independently with minimal supervision. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate work methods and path forward on tasks and projects as a whole. Work is reviewed infrequently but management reviews overall project outcomes.
Essential Job Functions
• Can perform advanced calculations and designs related to bolted and welded connections (AISC 360) as well as concrete and rebar detailing (ACI 318)
• Is recognized within the company as an SME in at least one area.
• Performs calculations necessary to design complex structures i.e. manifolds & pipe racks with large dynamic loads.
• Creates estimates and schedules for assigned engineering and design tasks and manages budget and schedule to complete the assignments.
• Reviews work of junior engineers and provide thorough red lines to drawings and engineering reports.
• Leverages experience to provide guidance to design group to create designs that are functional, economical, maintainable and constructible.
• Has a working knowledge of transient hydraulics and pipe stress theory and is capable of applying information from these studies into designs of foundations and structures.
• Can identify major electrical equipment and understands its function.
• Creates bid documents for equipment and services.
• Writes engineering reports.
• Is available to travel overnight to job sites as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran’s status. Arseal is an EO employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert