Civil Engineer required to work for our family-run construction consultancy client due to the company's growth. As Civil Engineer you will have worked in a similar position, where you had to prepare various reports regarding drainage for planning applications and have used AutoCAD in relation to highway and drainage projects. Our growing client is happy to consider a low-level engineer to grow thin them or an experienced senior civil engineer to join them.
* Preparation of compliant surface water and sustainable urban drainage strategy reports to support planning applications.
* Undertake Autocad in relation to highway and drainage projects in an efficient and timely manner.
* Preparation of compliant private and adoptable (S104 of the Water Industry Act 1991) drainage designs for technical approval and construction.
* Preparation of compliant private and adoptable (S38 / S278 of the Highways Act 1980) highway designs for technical approval and construction
* Working Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and 8.30am to 4pm on Friday.
* Possess civil engineering construction principles and standards knowledge
* Musty possess previous experience in a similar position
* Practical knowledge of design software
* Understand design standards and legislation
* Knowledge of AutoCAD
* Organized and methodical with particular attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
* Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem-solving techniques
* Team player with flexible approach
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across the wider design team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
Benefits to you
* Salary £35k - £45k doe
* Free parking
* Opportunity to work on exciting new projects
* Lovely offices