Principal Engineer (PE) - DER (Hybrid) (#22-63128)
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- San Diego, California
- $118,900.00 - $178,400.00
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Utility Engineering
- Position Type
- Chief / Principle
- Organization Type
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Conducts highly complex, theoretical, and/or technical engineering studies and evaluations requiring innovative solutions for which precedents may not have been established, or which may have a significant impact on a major project or Company operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts highly complex, theoretical, and/or technical engineering studies and evaluations requiring innovative solutions for which precedents may not have been established, or which may have a significant impact on a major project or Company operations.
- May serve as project leader on major technical development projects.
- Develop engineering design criteria, plans, and procedures and assess the feasibility of related proposed engineering evaluation tests.
- Initiate recommendations for improvements in materials, designs, plans, procedures, and operations.
- Develop new or improved techniques and procedures to resolve unique engineering problems.
- Develop and write justifications for construction of new facilities or for retrofit and modification of existing facilities.
- Act as an expert in an engineering discipline whereby the employee may be recognized as an authority within the Company.
- Required to participate in various industry and regulatory proceedings, including serving as an advisory panel member of the CPUC Interconnection Discussion Forum and submitting the necessary public disclosures such as the California FPPC Form 700.
- May review and approve specific design documents and studies.
- Provide leadership, technical advice, and guidance to lower-level engineers.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments, research procedures, and technologies in respective engineering field.
- May be required to testify at regulatory meetings.
- Represent the Company/industry as a member of outside engineering/standards organizations.
- Normally, supervision is not involved.
- However, may give direction and functional guidance to a group of employees on a project basis.
- Responsible for serving as the Company's technical expert in a specific engineering discipline.
- Employees in this position are expected to provide innovative solutions to unique problems.
- They are required to resolve engineering problems which are highly complex and/or have a major impact on Company earnings, revenues, operations or future objectives.
- This position may have other positions reporting directly to it.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 10+ years - Related experience.
- Registration as a professional engineer in the state of California.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
- Advance engineering knowledge normally acquired through post-graduate courses leading to a master's degree.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
Jun 28, 2023
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries
may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company
benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits,
life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert