Capital Projects Manager
- Montgomery County Government
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Closing date
- Jun 1, 2023
- Structural Engineering
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
Montgomery County Department of Transportation
Public Safety Headquarters, 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Capital Projects Manager
$78,719 - $130,167
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To view the job posting and apply, please visit Montgomery County Government’s Career website at:
WORK4MCG—Join the MCG Team (montgomerycountymd.gov) and click on Search Jobs. The job is posted under the General Professional job category – IRC57387. EOE: M/F/D.
THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (MCDOT) DIVISION OF PARKING MANAGEMENT seeks a Capital Projects Manager, Grade 28 to join their Parking Engineering and Capital Projects Management Section. The engineering program has the overall responsibility for the improvement of all the Parking facilities; below and above-ground structures, the integrated mechanical, electrical and plumbing and communication technology systems as well as overseeing regular maintenance.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Employee with professional background will manage complex capital improvement projects, in planning, design and/or construction phases through completion, acceptance and close-out. Typically, the Supervisor and the Capital Projects Manager develop a mutually acceptable plan that, upon approval, the Capital Projects Manager carries out independently within a framework of regular reporting and review. Experience managing large scale projects ($10 million plus) is preferred. Major responsibilities will involve all aspects of design and implementation of the multi-million-dollar Bethesda, Wheaton and Silver Spring Garage Renovation projects as well as other stand-alone projects, potentially as public private partnerships (predominantly parking garages and lots). Some of these may be mixed use developments with underground components.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING:
The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge of and experience with:
- Engineering design and construction scheduling, budgeting and scope control of multiple projects, as well as reviewing submittals for technical requirements and compliance with applicable local, state and national codes and standards.
- Developing, negotiating and administering contracts to procure professional engineering services.
- Preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates, guiding projects through the permitting, public involvement and mandatory referral processes; developing design and construction cost estimates and project durations for bi-biennial budgeting.
- Working in 3D engineering workflows using collaborative online design and document management platforms as well as utilizing project management databases.
- Working in a team environment with professionals such as planners, architects, engineers, contractors, property acquisition specialists and construction representatives to ensure the successful implementation of Capital Improvement Program projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) certified or an Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) who has taken the fundamentals of Engineering Examination is a plus, although not a requirement.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience in design/construction project management, contract administration and quality control.
License: Possession and maintenance at all times of a valid Class "C" (or equivalent) driver’s license from the applicant's state of residence.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert