Associate Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (Infrastructure Mgmt/Wtr Treat Plnt Improv)
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Oakland, California (US)
- $143,712 - $174,684 Annually
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2023
- Water Resources Engineering, Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Infrastructure, Other
- Position Type
- Organization Type
East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) Design Division, part of the Engineering and Construction Department, is seeking Associate Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineers who are motivated, energetic, team players, strong project managers, and experienced with working on civil infrastructure and water or wastewater treatment projects. Reporting to a Senior Engineer, Associate Engineer is the registered professional engineer level position on the EBMUD engineering career ladder. The selected individuals for the immediate openings will primarily manage various engineering design projects such as reservoirs, pumping plants, regulators, rate control stations, and water treatment projects. The ideal candidates are prepared to handle a mix of the following tasks:
• Manage multi-disciplinary design teams to develop water infrastructure improvement projects (water treatment plants, pumping plants, reservoirs, regulators, rate control stations).
• Overall management of multi-million-dollar capital projects for treatment plant upgrades.
• Assist in facility planning for major capacity projects including water treatment and distribution facilities.
• Assist and guide project engineers in developing plans and specifications for contract documents.
• Manage consultants retained by EBMUD in the preparation of plans and specifications.
• Conduct reviews of plans and specifications to ensure conformity.
• Develop and track budgets, schedules, and the scopes of work for capital projects.
• Lead project status meetings and coordinate with EBMUD workgroups.
• Review and check engineering drawings, estimates and reports for completeness, accuracy, and soundness of applied engineering principles and EBMUD standards.
• Prepare a variety of documents and materials, including technical reports, correspondence, and memos.
• System planning of water treatment facilities on both a plant-by-plant and system wide basis.
These positions are eligible for a hybrid onsite and up to a 2-day telecommuting arrangement based upon terms agreed upon between the employee and supervisor.
The salary range for Associate Civil or Mechanical Engineer is $11,976 per month increasing to $12,575, $13,204, $13,864, and $14,557 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
The salary range for Associate Electrical Engineer is $12,275 per month increasing to $12,889, $13,533, $14,210, and $14920 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. A bachelor’s degree in an ABET-accredited civil, electrical, mechanical, or environmental engineering curriculum OR a California EIT certificate;
2. Four years of professional civil, electrical, and/or mechanical engineering experience (subsequent to obtaining the degree), which is equivalent to two years of experience at EBMUD’s Assistant Engineer level; AND
3. California registration as a Professional Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineer.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 2, 2023. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0735
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert