Short Term Worker - Engineering Inspector
Sun. 05/21/23 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Professional Building, 20 E. Olive
TRANSPORTATION & ENGINEERING
The City's Engineering Department is looking for two short-term workers to assist in performing inspections of City public works projects to ensure compliance with all relevant codes, ordinances, and laws.
Bargaining Unit: None
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Work Week: Up to 40 hours/week - typically M-F, 8am-5pm
Start date: May/June
End date: to be determined, but duration of position will be 90 working days or less.
This is a 40-hour/ week position with excellent learning opportunities. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system, and as a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two years formal training or education beyond high school in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or a closely related field;
- Customer service experience;
- Preferred experience in utilities/public works construction;
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES::
The primary function of this position is to perform inspections of construction work within the City. Work includes visiting construction sites, reporting and documenting construction work to the project engineer, and ensuring the implementation of any necessary traffic control measures. This position is a great opportunity to gain real-world experience.
This position requires the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with the City Engineer, Public Works personnel, consulting engineers, contractors, developers, other City employees, and the public. Demonstrated effective communication and customer service skills are required.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Offers for employment are conditional upon completion of professional reference checks and a background check.