Civil Engineer-Site Engineer
- Brindley Pieters & Associates, Inc.
- Maitland, Florida
- Based on experience level
- Closing date
- Jun 14, 2023
- Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Infrastructure
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Organization Type
- Firm, Consulting Engineering
This individual will serve as Project Manager and EOR overseeing Civil/Site Development Projects for local municipalities including mass grading, stormwater permitting and drainage projects, traffic studies, renovation of waste management facilities, airport facilities, minor structural projects (including the procurement of applicable permits), public school infrastructure improvements, and city and county park projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering Florida P.E.
- License or ability to receive license within 6 months of hire
- 5+ years of Civil/Site Design experience
- Strong background in land development, drainage design, site grading, utility and stormwater management design, and permitting including strong communications skills and strong technical skills.
- Familiarity with local, regional, and State of Florida design standards and code requirements
- Knowledge of engineering design standards, principles of building design, facility systems, utilities, critical development infrastructure
- Understands client requirements and scope of project
- Draft and design in both AutoCAD2D and AutoCAD Civil3D
- Reads and interprets civil engineering drawings and building plans Reads and interprets maps and land surveys to note land grading, structures, and other factors that could impact the site plan
- Stormwater modeling using various programs (e.g. ICPR, MODRET, HECRAS, SWMM)
- Stormwater analysis using various programs (e.g. AutoCAD Stormtabs, Storm Sewer Analysis)
- Generate reports to clearly articulate and support various calculations and/or analyses
- Represents our firm, client, project and related parties in public forums and meetingS
- Support construction services by reviewing test reports and/or conducting tests, generating an engineer’s cost estimate, evaluating as-built conditions
- Generate and/or provide assistance with as-built plan preparation for certification
Brindley Pieters & Associates, Inc. is a certified M/DBE with offices in Florida and Georgia. Since 1991, BPA has been providing design and program and construction management services to municipal, state and federal clients in the civil, structural, airport, transportation, and utility engineering fields. efficient client services.Civil Engineering services include the design of streetscape projects, utility systems, stormwater management and drainage, comprehensive drainage studies, and paving and grading. BPA provides professional services for the design and construction of residential, commercial, and industrial land development projects. Utility Engineering. BPA has provided utility engineering services for water main, force main and reclaimed water main design and construction, facility site design and lift station rehabilitation projects for the City of Atlanta, Fulton County, Orange County Utilities, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, and Sarasota County Environmental Services. These projects range from utility relocations at airport facilities and residential neighborhoods to the design for miles of water main, force main and reuse main constructed within public rights-of-way, water storage facilities, wells, odor control systems and site development at treatment facilities. Transportation Engineering services include construction plans and specifications for various projects ranging from two-lane rural highways to multi-lane divided urban roadways, bridges, rapid transit, rail systems, and airports. BPA also provides PD&E studies, traffic and safety studies. BPA supports its clients with valuable services in alternatives analysis, preparation of cost estimates, utility coordination and an array of miscellaneous tasks to bring a project to a successful conclusion.Structural Engineering services include commercial, educational, institutional, and industrial building design, bridge designs, water and wastewater plant buildings and structures. Complete design services are offered from the conceptual design through final design and construction, including threshold inspection of buildings.Construction Management services include site inspections, documentation of work progress and reviewing pay requests. Assistance is also provided for review and coordination of construction documents, preparing cost estimates, consulting and advising on constructability issues, obtaining permits, and value engineering.Program Management. BPA has partnered with other engineering firms to provide unparalleled service in management of programs for various agencies and clients and has participated in project and consultant selection, cost analysis and cost projections, administration, construction inspection and documentation.
Apply for Civil Engineer-Site Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert