Dokken Engineering is seeking to retain an enthusiastic, involved, success-oriented individuals looking to grow their career towards an Associate/Project Engineer role by joining our Transportation Design Group! You will be an integral part of an excellent team that delivers innovative engineering solutions for local, state, and federally funded projects. Our core focus is transportation: roadways, bridges, highways and interchanges, bicycle and pedestrian paths, dams, and other public works facilities.
We are seeking an Assistant Transportation Engineer for our San Diego office. Under the guidance of Associate and Senior Engineers, you will be providing support on a variety of civil engineering tasks, taking projects from initial concept to preliminary engineering, and from final design through construction. You will be performing engineering work and exercising independent judgment.
- Determine alignment and grade of highways, roadways, and other transportation facilities Analyze data and balance earthwork and embankment needs Survey for and determine location of transportation facilities Conduct hydraulic/hydrologic analyses and determine design for culverts Determine right of way needs Prepare plans and cost estimates for construction or maintenance of transportation facilities Inspect construction of such facilities and judge whether they meet specifications
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal/external disciplines Perform quality control for reports/projects Prepare exhibits and figures for meetings, reports and proposals
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certification; or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire 0 to 2 years of experience in roadway design and engineering CA driver’s license
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in designing a variety of roadway types Proficient in CADD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads and other transportation design software Success in delivery of PS&E bid packages for transportation projects Understanding of multi-disciplinary team coordination, compilation of design and construction documents, and local agency and Caltrans design standards and practices Experience with Microsoft Office applications and transportation design software word processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling applications
- Will sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a workday Will use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a regular basis Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Work mostly indoors; Occasionally work outdoors Usually work near others, such as in a shared office space Occasionally wear protective gear, such as a hard hat Sometimes work in noisy or distracting work environments Occasionally travel to a project site by automobile and/or airplane Occasionally work from a vehicle while at project sites
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Compensation: Competitive salary ranging from $70,000 to $80,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive health plan including medical, dental and vision coverages 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with generous employer match Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Plan Life, accidental death, and long-term disability insurance
Introductory/Probationary Period: At-Will Employment
Location: San Diego, CA; In-Person
Schedule: Full-time; Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
If you would like to be a part of our team, e-mail your resume, cover letter, and
three (3) references to email@example.com;
We look forward to meeting you!