About The RoleSENIOR ESTIMATOR - Permanent OpportunityDIVISION: Civil Engineering LOCATION: ManchesterBenefits: Car Allowance; Subsidised Private Medical Cover; Life Assurance Scheme; Living away from home allowance (where appropriate), Contributory Pension, 35 Days annual leave (Including Public Holidays), Flexible Hybrid Working
We are awell-established and highly regarded Tier One contractor with our history dating back to 1798, proving that GRAHAM, even in our humblest beginnings, has been delivering lasting impact for clients for over 200 years.
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, dynamic, experienced Senior Civils Estimator to help build and expand the GRAHAM portfolio within the Civil Engineering Division.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager (Civil Engineering), the Senior Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of estimates within the Civil Engineering Division. Thus, the individual must be technically competent in civil engineering methods. The post holder should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude to enable the meeting of departmental targets.
The Senior Estimator shall:
- Liaise with the Civils Bid Manager on the bid programme and prepare a table of key dates for the estimate (Enquiries, pricing, adjudication etc)
- Check tender documents for completeness
- Check Conditions of Contract for changes.
- Prepare and send out enquiries for materials and sub-contracts.
- Make site visits as required.
- Check for and prepare all documents to be returned with tender.
- Have Bills of Quantities supplied with tender package loaded on to computer estimating system and edited.
- Arrange quantity take off & BoQs from the drawings prepared where no BoQs are provided with the documents.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and Designer on pricing issues with D&C projects.
- Resource and price each item in the BOQ.
- Price any temporary works required. Liaise with others where necessary to have temporary works designed.
- Prepare and price contractors preliminaries for the project.
- On completion of the adjudication and a tender figure has been agreed complete the tender documents for submission. Ensure all returns information required is provided.
- Arrange for and ensure that the completed tender documents are delivered to the client by the date and time specified in the tender enquiry
- Have all information relating to the tender collected and filed.
- Report on the result of each tender to the Estimating Director (Civils)
- Introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of their responsibility
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the civil engineering market with most likely a civil engineering contractors background within the construction industry
- Complete understanding of the estimating process
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of presenting tenders for adjudication
- Experience identifying resources for and costing of site preliminaries
- Demonstrate ability to assess project risks and opportunities
- Competent in the use of Estimating software (Specific software training shall be provided)
Our Commitment to you:
- Sound knowledge of the supply chain within the market and market sectors
- Demonstrate a good understanding of construction programmes
- Previous site experience
We are proud to say that we are a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and we aim to be the first choice for people, where everyone is recognised as an individual and where the richness of a diverse workforce is embraced, to maximise business performance and to deliver lasting impact. The principles of Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) help create a positive team culture, a safer and healthier workplace, more innovation through diversity of ideas and a more productive workforce - everything thrives when we feel valued.
We are only able to consider applications from individuals who are eligible to live and work in the UK, as per Home Office regulations. Please check your eligibility with the regulations before applying, as we may be able to sponsor a work permit on your behalf. Individuals with a current time restricted right to work in the UK, should contact the Human Resources team in the first instance.
A basic disclosure may be requested if security clearance is required by 3rd party clients and a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Our Access NI/Vetting and Barring Scheme Policy and Policy on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders is available upon request.
Please apply to our vacancy portal by uploading a comprehensive and targeted CV with your relevant experiences. Note: All applicants must complete an online monitoring form.