Salary Range: $74,600/yr. - $141,000/yr.
Apply by Date: 6/23/23
Utilities consists of wastewater treatment plant, solid waste, water and gas services, high voltage electricity and outdoor lighting, Instrumentation & Controls, and the Central Heating and Cooling Plant (CHCP).
Under general supervision, provide engineering support and project management for utility systems. Work with individual system managers to evaluate system performance and provide technical support for deferred maintenance and capital improvement projects. Conduct system assessments and master planning.
Additional Minimum License/Certification
• Current license as a professional civil engineer in California.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited program.
• Experience in engineering design, plan review, project administration, and facility operation for the following systems: water and recycled water distribution, wastewater collection, water booster pump stations, sewage lift stations, groundwater pumping facilities, wastewater treatment and solid waste.
• Experience in reviewing, interpreting, and understanding architectural/ mechanical/ electrical/ civil plans, specifications, shop drawings, test reports, codes and regulations pertaining to construction, construction safety and hazardous materials.
• Experience with interpreting regulations, permitting, and regulatory compliance for water, wastewater, and solid waste operations.
• Experience with Capital Improvement Project (CIP) budgeting and with developing sewer, water and treatment plant master plan documents and condition assessments.
• Experience with water and wastewater maintenance; an understanding of Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) principles.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
• Skill in successfully managing technical projects, program budgets and schedules.
• Excellent customer service skills; effective oral and written communication skills to write clear and concise reports and to convey technical concepts and data to a wide audience.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID # 52404
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer