Principal Civil Engineer
- City of West Hollywood
- West Hollywood, California
- $131,268.00 - $167,725.80 Annually
- Closing date
- Jun 25, 2023
- Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering
- Position Type
- Engineer, Senior Engineer, Manager / Leader
- Organization Type
The City of West Hollywood is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Principal Civil Engineer to join the Engineering Division team of the Public Works Department. This role involves the supervision of several staff members, executing the Capital Improvement Program, Building Plan Check Program, Encroachment Permit Program, and Asset Management Program. The City is seeking experienced, qualified candidates who possess a solid civil engineering background and education to lead construction projects, review construction plan checks, issue construction permits, and maintain the City’s infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a diligent worker with a hands-on approach to take on responsibility and see it to conclusion.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, with the first application review scheduled to take place on June 08, 2023. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply early to ensure priority consideration.
Supervises staff, serves as project manager or project engineer and manages, plans and directs large scale highly complex professional and technical functions related to various civil engineering projects, including: municipal engineering; construction management; capital improvement and public works projects; plan check and approval of construction plans and permits; right of way infrastructure operation and maintenance; overseeing and performing complex professional engineering work with responsibility for all phases of design projects; overseeing and performing complex construction project management; overseeing the design and preparation of plans, maps, specifications, etc.; and overseeing the preparation of various engineering studies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil Engineering or related field; and,
- Five to six years of full time progressively responsible professional level experience in civil engineering including two years of experience in project management and supervising or leading and coordinating the work of others.
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, complex, analytical skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California
- Valid California Driver's License
Salary: $131,268.00 - $167,725.80 Annually
Job Flyer: https://www.weho.org/home/showdocument?id=56602&t=638204564668752567
How to Apply: For job details and requirements, and to apply online, please visit weho.org/jobs. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, with the first application review scheduled to take place on June 08, 2023. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply early to ensure priority consideration.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert