As the Principal Civil Structural Engineer you will be accountable for managing, coordinating and executing professional services for the discipline input across our client projects. The portfolio of projects will be diverse so you will require an adaptable and flexible approach towards delivery.
An opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplined delivery environment and to handle and manage clients with autonomy, as well as contribute to the internal standards, execution and capability of the wider Civil & Structural team.
* Lead on the civil structural engineering design of projects including steelwork and reinforced concrete structures along with support of civil engineering expertise and services as required.
* Provide technical leadership on projects across the wider Civil & Structural team.
* Ensure that the design is delivered within budget and on time.
* Ensure multidisciplinary coordination is effectively delivered.
* Provide civil structural engineering advice from Conceptual Design to Detailed Design including development of structural models, preparation of calculations and design reports.
* Conduct checks across the design work including design calculations, models and drawings.
* Supervise resource within project capacity including Engineers & Designers.
* Attend and support with client meetings & presentations as appropriate.
* Handle and resolve site queries.
* Provide a detailed and consistent review of contractor design and submissions.
* Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor Degree (preferably Masters) or equivalent in related subject (e.g. Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering)
* Preferably Chartered Engineer status
* Thorough knowledge and experience in structural analysis and design of building structures.
* In-depth understanding of structural systems, analysis and design both steelwork and reinforced concrete.
* Structural design experience gained across steelwork, masonry and concrete materials.
* Design experience of sub-structures and superstructures.
* Ability to lead design teams (including Engineers & CAD Designers/Technicians) and coordinate effectively across multi-disciplined teams.
* Effectively manage and interact with clients, architects and other disciplines of engineers.
* Design knowledge and experience across project life-cycle phases, from feasibility to construction.
* Proven experience in providing technical reports.
* Competent user of structural software (TEKLA, TEDDS etc)
* Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
* Organised and time management skills - ability to meet project deadlines.
* A self-starter who displays a positive ‘can do' attitude whether that is working as part of a team or working independently.
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels