Our Client is currently experiencing strong growth with exciting opportunities and are
looking for a flexible, practical engineer who can grow with the company to achieve the goals of the
business in parallel with their personal ambitions.
Reporting to the Senior Management team in the Cardiff office and liaising remotely with the
established Development Infrastructure team in the Basingstoke office, the candidate will be
responsible for the design and management of the development infrastructure elements for several
projects across the Southwest region. They will work to support engineers and technicians to deliver
the Civil engineering design whose scope will vary in value from small domestic projects up to £20m
in construction value. The candidate will also coordinate with other CW offices to ensure the quality
delivery of these elements works within the wider business. The region is currently involved in a large
amount of work in the rail environment and the candidate can expect to work on drainage aspects of
rail schemes including, but not limited to, options studies, catchment assessments, flumes, culverts,
crest drains and track drainage, open working closely with the Geotechnical team both in Cardiff and
the wider Southwest.
The position requires a candidate who is keen to diversify and encompass the scope of our project
remits which covers commercial structures, public sector structures, rail, domestic and temporary
works design amongst others.
The role would suit someone with a background in infrastructure design.
As a Civil Engineering Designer, the responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to;
* Managing your project workload to achieve programmed deadlines
* Supporting other team members in the delivery of items within your ability
* Design of private and adoptable drainage networks, including SuDS.
* Desired - Development of solutions for sectional applications, including S106, S185,
S278, planning applications and technical approvals from government bodies such as
the SuDS Approval Body.
* Design of drainage networks using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow software
* Prepare layouts in AutoCAD and with the support of technicians
* Preparation of FRAs, preplanning advice and documentaon to support planning
* Advising junior staff on solutions and supporting other team members on developing
* Taking ownership of projects and supporting the delivery team in the delivery of their
projects, with respect to Civil and Infrastructure design.
* Designing Civil engineering schemes and reviewing, checking and approving designs
prepared by others
* Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
* Carrying out inspections, site surveys and assessments and preparing reports
* Preparation of tenders and fee proposals
* Developing new and existing client relationships
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience,
qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
* Relevant Civil Engineering degree
* Chartered Engineer (ICE) or nearing Chartered status/equivalent experience level
* 5+ years post graduate experience
* Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Full UK driving licence and own transport
* Eligible to live and work in the UK and high standard of written English