Position: Wind Turbine Engineer - VSD's
Package: £35-40k basic + Car/Car allowance £5040 (Electric + Charging card), 25 days holiday, Off-shore living allowance & overtime + Pension matched up to 10%, OT up to x2 p/hr, Call out fee £1500 p/annum plus OT rate when called out+4hrs guaranteed! 10% Bonus! Private medical insurance, OTE £80k+!!! Flexible benefits package (inc buy and sell holidays)
Training: Full product training and all off-shore training and certs provided by the company
Opportunity: Service Engineer - Drives Specialist - Operations / Senior Engineer…
Hours: 21 day rotation, 14 days rest time. When off-shore hours are 12hr days
Overtime: Paid after 37.5hrs (1.3x, 1.5x, 2x)
Environment: Renewables, Off-shire Wind Farms, North Sea
Location: Home based anywhere in UK
The company and group:
For more than 100 years, this world leading technology business has been developing products and services that help companies realise higher levels of productivity and profitability. From power distribution, electronics, and advanced control systems to state-of-the-art scanning and measuring equipment, they bring together deep industry knowledge, world-class solutions and expertise to make your business more efficient.
Working for this global giant gives you the opportunity to contribute to a healthier and more prosperous world. Add to your story by joining a passionate team, focused on pushing the boundaries of technology to drive performance, shape new business models and find new ways of working that benefit their customers, partners, and society. They want you to be proud of being part of their team.
They care about you:
They care about their people and their stories. They create safe, fair, equitable and inclusive working environments in which their people can succeed and develop, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or cultural, religious, or social background. Diverse teams make them stronger. They are committed to a higher standard of integrity in everything they do.
They help you grow!
They help their people succeed and develop, and they empower them to create their own careers. Their benefits, reward and development programs encompass a wide array of offerings.
Home Based Field Service Engineer / Wind Turbine Engineer based anywhere in UK, Responsible for the delivery and support the delivery of the portfolio of LV & MV Variable Speed Drives services for off-shore Wind Turbines in North Sea. Which includes hands on technical maintenance and repair activities off-shore, supporting turbine activities and direct customer technical support. Ideally this role will suit someone who is currently working in the renewables industry however you may be site or workshop based in another industry working with LV or MV variable speed drives or power electronics and feel that you have the required technical skills along with excellent communication and customer facing skills, and are able to commit to a field role involving travelling to a variety of customer sites observing different environments.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Represents the business as the customer engineer or site responsible engineer as requested.
* Service, repair, and fault find on a range of Variable speed drives.
* Provides maintenance support for all company's products (VSD's) including preventive and corrective maintenance, spares management and other product healthcare activities.
* Provides application support to customers, on site and by remote link.
* Devises, prepares, and presents Operational reports.
* Provides High level field and in house technical support.
* Commissions equipment in the field.
* Advises clients as to maintenance procedures, evolution, site planning, operational methods, process measurement and control.
* Promotes sales of maintenance services and equipment, including spare parts, and advises Sales department of possible sales leads.
* Be available on an ad-hoc basis to support other land-based customers in UK.
* Prepares and writes technical reports for internal and external use.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Must be able to repair Variable Speed Drives LV or MV (any application)
* Level 3 will be acceptable as a minimum qualification
* Flexible to travel & off-shore working
* Reasonably fit & healthy / able to pass off-shore medical
* Clean Driving Licence (UK)
* Self-Motivated and able to work unsupervised
* Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
* Results orientation.
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to apply, then please email John-Paul Elliott with an up-to-date copy of your cv