Graduate Civil Engineer - Design
Salary: £33k - DOE
A multi - disciplined engineering consultancy based in central London are looking for a graduate civil engineer with 1 + years' experience in drainage , highways and road design to join an enthusiastic team of engineers in their civils team.
You will be joining a company of 60 people and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and have rapid career progression. There are 19 people in the London office and the civils team has 4 people in total which comprise of an associate , 2 x graduate engineers , and 1 degree apprentice.
- 25 days' holiday.
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service.
- Annual bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance).
- Hybrid working.
- Support with ICE / IStructE Professional Development to Chartership level.
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service.
- Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters.
- A comprehensive and structured programme to help staff achieve your professional qualifications with ICE or IStructE.
- A clear career path and focus on promoting from within.
- An exciting and very full project pipeline.
- A friendly and sociable work environment with plenty of activities and events outside the office.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
The Civil Engineer should have:
- A relevant degree and 1 + years' experience in a civil engineering role writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Statements.
- Skilled in preparing drawings using AutoCAD and design of foul and surface water drainage systems using Microdrainage.
- Civils 3D but not essential as training will be provided on this