Role: Civil and Structural Engineer
Location: Daresbury, Middlesbrough or Thornton-Cleveleys
Status: Staff, Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Senior Civil and Structural Engineer that can demonstrate suitable expertise in civil and structural engineering design. This is an excellent opportunity to join Addison Project Plc, part of the Addison Engineering Group of Companies.
You will be capable of working on your own initiative with minimum supervision and also be able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, specifications, calculations and report writing. You will be a good communicator and will be able to effectively liaise with clients, local authorities, regulators and other external team members.
Our engineers are also expected to ensure that commissions are completed to the standards set out in our Quality Management System.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will have previous experience of managing:
* Whole Design Process
* Project Teams
* Liaising with Clients
* Liaising with Architect consultants
* Design Consultants
* Knowledge of British & Euro-Codes of Practice and Health & Safety.
* Interface with Project Teams
* Contract Implementation
What we are looking for in you:
* Preferably Chartered status with a relevant professional body
* Demonstrable experience in Chemical Plant and Industry buildings design Minimum HND Civil & Structural Engineering certification
* Demonstrable design experience working on Industrial / Petro / Chemical / Pharmaceutical projects
* Experienced in 3D Tekla structures / Autodesk Revit / AutoCAD Advance Steel / 3D AutoCAD is advantageous
* Evidence of Navisworks and 3D point cloud survey experience is advantageous
* Experienced in the production of specifications and authoring of technical repors and producing tender documentation and contract management
* Experienced in Civil/Structural design standards
* Experience with liaison with building control and the required standards
* Experienced in infrastructure adoptable standards Prepare Civils / Structural BOQ
* Prepare calculations and verification of design
* Develop grading plans, cable ducts, drainage deliverables, hardstanding, bunded areas with sumps, trenches
* Develop Civil / Structural Construction SOW
* Develop enquire requisitions
* Review civil / structural subcontractor docs.
* Develop passive fireproofing spec.
* Develop fireproofing GA & detail drawings
* Detailing of structural steelwork and concrete, including reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling
* Site surveys, condition inspection and reporting
* Estimating design detailing durations and provide quotations and estimates for new works
* Work with an internal multi-disciplinary design team and wider client team
Excellent communication skills and computer literacy are essential for the role of Senior Civil / Design Engineer.
As a Senior Civil / Design Engineer's you will possess ability skills to work of your own initiative, to operate as part of a Project Team and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the role, please apply.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies