Associate Process Engineer/Associate Director - Clean Water page is loaded Associate Process Engineer/Associate Director - Clean Water Apply locations GB.Warrington.Chadwick time type Full time posted on Posted 28 Days Ago job requisition id R-083977 Job Description
Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is a world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects. The water sector is growing at pace so we are currently seeking to appoint an Associate Process Engineer
to join our Infrastructure team, focusing on Drinking Water Treatment. The location of the role is flexible.
We have an extensive portfolio of UK and International projects, helping our clients address asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation needs. Our locally focused teams incorporate expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients' problems in creating, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure.
We are looking to appoint a process engineering leader with a range of experience. Some examples include:
- Drinking water treatment technologies and principles.
- Experience with membrane technologies.
- Nitrate, organics, iron and manganese removal processes.
- Development and implementation of new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- Low carbon footprint designs, supporting our clients' journey to net zero.
- DSEAR, HAZOP and Functional safety.
- Digital design and implementing digital twins.
- Ability to lead bids; Project Management experience would be an advantage.
Responsibilities (will vary depending on project and client):
- Educated to degree level with a process engineering bias; chartered Member/Fellow of a recognised professional institution.
- A well-developed external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Ability to provide a customer-focussed service with a clear understanding of the water sector regulatory framework and strategic business planning.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines, locations and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience within the municipal water engineering sector.
- In-depth understanding of water treatment technologies; an interest in developing and/or exploiting new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- A well-developed understanding of the design process.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
Why work with us?
- Technical leadership, strategy formulation and development.
- Development of strong networks with clients and regulators within the UK and worldwide, being a focal point and being able to communicate at all levels.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond.
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects.
- Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients.
- Support and/or deliver technical and ‘expert witness' investigations and appraisals.
- Ownership of specific skill areas or activities within our technical knowledge networks; contributing to technical network activities, to broaden your and our skills, experience and technical reputation.
- Supporting, mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues.
- Working with and developing design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools.
- Develop and guide research and development projects for Clients.
We provide industry-leading engineering services right through the project lifecycle. Our technical networks offer fantastic opportunities for you to grow your experience, expertise and reputation amongst your peers and beyond. Our broad range of projects, and wide pool of expert people will help you and your career grow to suit your aspirations and desires. We will help you to develop professionally and personally through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Your development plan will be regularly reviewed through an on-going career development process.
We actively support staff who seek to achieve membership or fellowship of relevant professional institutions.What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Additional Information: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability. #DATWorker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Similar Jobs (9) Compliance Verification Engineer locations 13 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Chief Engineer/Technical Director Dams & Reservoirs locations 6 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging-consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital-and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com